|Nickname||maffblaster (www.g.o link)|
|PGP key ID||0x7656DA1BCB1ED4F1|
I'm a Christ follower, a husband to my beautiful wife Christina, a father, and man who loves to learn. My plan is to help improve the Gentoo domains around the web by adding and improving documentation, aiding in website maintenance, and executing system administration. I am passionate about creating and sustaining a strong developer culture within Gentoo. As I continue learning about Gentoo it only makes sense to help make it better for everyone by helping others find their way.
My personal gratitude is owed to all past and present Gentoo developers who collectively commit thousands of hours each month into making Gentoo the most flexible and powerful software distribution ever created!
Let's make Gentoo better together!
I try to look after some packages.
See this subarticle.
Work in progress...
Machine learning in progress...
Adding and correcting information here on the wiki is one of my main responsibilities as a developer. Here is some information on how I'm improving the wiki:
- 98 active users.
- 8,453 articles (number inflated by translations).
- 160,079 pages (number inflated by translations).
- List of recommended applications — applications I recommend in order to have a pleasant Gentoo experience
- Ideas for Gentoo — various improvement ideas I have for Gentoo (as a distribution). (improvements of small scope).
- Raising Gentoo to prominence (improvements of large scope).
- Experiments — Ideas from my Gentoo laboratory.
- Notes and quotes — Often times Gentoo developers and members of the community have helped me in big ways. They've provided advice, training, solutions, technical expertise, guidelines, ideas, testing, etc. This article is dedicated to mentioning times when I've personally received help from those kind and helpful souls in the Gentoo community.
- Infrastructure — A place where I keep some infrastructure tips.
- Reference — A place where I store different command-line shortcuts and other things I reference often.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Keychron K3 Ultra-slim Wireless Mechanical Keyboard (Version 2) - Keychon optical brown switches
- Keychron K10 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard - Gateron G Pro brown switches
- Nexus 6 (arm7l)
- Razer Blackwidow Chroma RGB - Clicky switches
- Artwork - Some very basic artwork.
Those that have some reason to contact me can do so most effectively with real time chat via:
- Freenode's secure webchat client in the #gentoo-wiki (webchat) channel. Be sure to highlight with my nickname in the message so I'll see it!
- Official Gentoo Telegram channel.
Alternatively use the email link provided in the developer information box, although your email may be missed and there will be a slow reply if I do see it. I'm typically much more available via instant message.
- Recent changes - See what other people have been doing here on the wiki (sometimes I look to be encouraged).
- https://maffblaster.github.io/ - Find out more about my faith and other interests on my blog.
- https://www.digitalsurvival.us/ - If you are interested in helping out with some of the projects I'm working on message me on Freenode IRC using the nickname found in the InfoBox above. If you use email I will never see it.
- Bug 546262 - My Gentoo 'New Developer' bug.