From Gentoo Wiki
A location where I keep articles that are works-in-progress (unpublished). They'll get written eventually...
This message is also caused by low disk space as well; when there is not enough space to unpack the package's tarball.
* Messages for package virtual/jpeg-0-r3: * The ebuild phase 'unpack' has exited unexpectedly. This type of behavior * is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable assignments * (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313). Normally, before * exiting, bash should have displayed an error message above. If bash did * not produce an error message above, it's possible that the ebuild has * called `exit` when it should have called `die` instead. This behavior * may also be triggered by a corrupt bash binary or a hardware problem * such as memory or cpu malfunction. If the problem is not reproducible or * it appears to occur randomly, then it is likely to be triggered by a * hardware problem. If you suspect a hardware problem then you should try * some basic hardware diagnostics such as memtest. Please do not report * this as a bug unless it is consistently reproducible and you are sure * that your bash binary and hardware are functioning properly.
- cjdns - Encrypted IPv6 mesh network software.
- Sourcehut - A suite of software development web applications.
- Wayfire - A wayland compositor inspired by Compiz and based on wlroots.
- mrsh - A minimal POSIX shell written in C.
- Screenkey - Screencast software that writes key presses to the display.
- Brackets - An open source text editor from Adobe with a focus on web development.
- Geeknote - An open source, command-line Evernote client.
- Light Table - Light Table is an open source IDE created for web development.
- lynis - A security auditing tool to assist with compliance and hardening testing for Unix based systems.
- Makekit - Write build systems in POSIX shell.
- N1 - A cross platform open source mail client build on modern web frameworks.
- NixNote - An open source Evernote clone for Linux.
- Perfect Paper Passwords - A high security, multi-factor one-time password generator.
- Plinth - A Python-powered web interface for FreedomBox.
- PowerBroker Open - An Active Directory authentication front-end.
- SocioBoard - Manage multiple social media accounts from a central location.
- Sopel - An IRC-bot written in Python. Every developer needs a sidekick, right?
- Titan - A command-line password manager supporting AES encryption and 256-bit keys.
- Taiga - A project management platform.
- Unreal Engine - Generation 4 of the Unreal Engine.
- Neovim - Vim-fork focused on extensibility and agility.
- Nitrokey - Instructions for Gentoo devs on using Nitrokeys for Gentoo development.
- NILFS - A new implementation of a log structured filesystem for Linux.
- util-linux - Userspace utilities for Linux specific system management including device control, terminal logins, process management, and tty messaging.
- OpenVAS - An open source vulnerability scanner.
- GNU Binutils - A collection of binary tools used for software development.
- taskd - The server part of a command-line todo list manager.
- GlusterFS - A scalable network filesystem.
- GNU make - One of the original build systems. Standard tool to compile source trees.
- bcachefs - A 'next generation' CoW filesystem for Linux.
- eCryptfs - The enterprise cryptographic filesystem for Linux.
- Synergy - Software to manage multiple machines over multiple displays with a single keyboard and mouse.
- Tripwire - An open source file integrity checker and IDS.
- CRIU - A utility to checkpoint/restore a process tree.
- WireGuard - Extra details on setting up WireGuard on Gentoo.
- fprint - A service to access fingerprint readers.
- iozone - A filesystem benchmarking program with lots of options.
- CMake - A Cross platform Make tool.
- systemd/Handbook extension - Resume where the handbook left off on using systemd.
- Salt - A remote execution and configuration manager.
- Gentoo Primers - Parent article for the Gentoo Primers.
- The Meta OS Primer - A guide on creating a Gentoo-based Linux distribution.
- The Gentoo Primer - An introduction to Gentoo.
- The Gentoo Developer Primer - Start here
- The Gentoo Studio Primer - Configure Gentoo for hi fidelity audio/video editing.
- Elf Utils - Libraries and utilities to handle ELF objects (a drop in replacement for libelf).
- Raspberry Pi 2 - An article that explains how to install Gentoo on the Raspberry Pi 2.
- automake - GNU's build system. Used in many projects for efficient compiling.
- Kernel hacking - An article on developing the Linux kernel with a Gentoo base.
- kexec - A set of kernel hacking tools for the Linux kernel.
- File POSIX Capabilities - An article on getcap and setcap and other related goodies.
- Catalyst Guide - Explains how to use Catalyst...details included.
- Gentoo Wallpapers - An article on where to find Gentoo wallpapers.
- GParted - GNOME's partition editor.
- gentoo.conf - Move when git stuff is done.
- bzip2 A high-quality data compressor used extensively by Gentoo - In progress... ( Matthew Marchese (Maffblaster) )
- gzip - The standard GNU compressor.
- xz - Utilities for managing LZMA compressed files.
- zstd - A fast compression library created by Facebook.
Gentoo Developer tools
- tatt - The arch testing tool.
- Advanced ebuild testing guide - A guide to test self-written ebuilds.
- Gentoo developer workstation - A guide to tweak workstations for optimal Gentoo development.
- Sandbox (Portage) -
- Schroot - A utility to security enter and execute commands in a chroot environment.
- Prefix Cygwin - For Cygwin experimentation only.
- ffcast - Record screencasts using ffmpeg.
- recordmydesktop - A desktop session recorder producing OGG video/audio files.
- top - A utility that displays Linux processes.
- atop - A top-like interactive monitor that displays load on the Linux system.
- htop - Another top-like clone that displays Linux processes. Explained.
- Bluetooth LE
- Realtek RTL8153
- ASIX AX88179
- Netgear A6200
- HP Pavilion dv5t-1000
- Razer BlackWidow Chroma
- stress - A tool to stress test system hardware.
- stress-ng - A "next generation" stress tool designed to test system hardware.
- Phoronix Test Suite - An open source benchmarking suite.