Welcome to the Gentoo wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you this season with yuletide carols!
To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Both official Gentoo project documentation as well as community-contributed content can be found here. The vast majority of documentation is publicly editable. Official documents have a Handbook: or Project: prefix (only developers can edit them). Community members can leave comments/feedback for these pages via their respective Discussion pages.
Find something to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Most importantly, the Gentoo Handbook is among the best documents found on the wiki:
January 16, 2019: New sections added to wiki guidelines
After some review a few new sections have been added to the Gentoo wiki Guidelines. Contributors are encouraged to review the guidelines every once in a while to refresh themselves on recommended wiki prose. Happy New Year!
December 7, 2018: Updates complete
Updates complete! Please report any issues under our wiki site category on Bugzilla.
November 29, 2018: Christmas is coming early this year!
Christmas is coming a little early this year for the wiki! Gentoo's wiki team is excited to announce updates to your favorite knowledge base are in the works! We anticipate quite a few of the existing issues across the site will be resolved, however with any software updates new issues will almost certainly surface.
New to the wiki project is Brian Evans (Grknight) - who, although recently joining the project, has spear-headed the update process. If you see him around be sure to thank him! We'll be keeping a lookout for new issues created by the upgrade and will provide another brief update across the wiki and our our status site before we pull the trigger. More news to come!
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this wiki.
If there is something we can improve please let us know on the Feedback page.
Please note: For general Gentoo support, please get in touch with our support community instead. General support is not provided via the wiki.
Recently added pages
- 02:51, 22 March 2019 Ext4/ja (hist) [4,021 bytes] Niluna (Created page with "ext4")
- 21:15, 21 March 2019 Chrony with hardware timestamping (hist) [10,986 bytes] Vaxbrat (Created page with "== Chrony with hardware timestamping == [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision_Time_Protocol Precision Time Protocol (PTP)] can be used by Chrony to provide much more accura...")
- 23:31, 20 March 2019 RISC-V Multilib (hist) [278 bytes] Slyfox (Created page with "As riscv has a few ABIs multilib story it a bit complicated as well. Gentoo will use multilib compatible LIBDIR layout for both multilib and non-multilib prof...")
- 23:28, 20 March 2019 RISC-V ABIs (hist) [150 bytes] Slyfox (Created page with "TODO: add details. riscv has quite a few ABIs. This page will describe their properties: pointer sizes, compatibility, gcc flags, default linker path.")
- 09:35, 9 March 2019 Nitrokey Guide (hist) [2,371 bytes] Antarus (Created page with "= DRAFT: Don't use yet! = == Nitrokey Pro Guide for Gentoo Developers == Developers can get a Nitrokey Pro 2, sponsored by the Gentoo Foundation. This guide is to help develo...")