Welcome to the Gentoo Wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you to the Gentoo Wiki.
To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the Wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Find something you would like to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Both official documentation as well as community-contributed contents can be found on the Wiki. Official documents (created by the Gentoo Documentation Team) are located in the Gentoo Project name space.
Most importantly the Gentoo Handbook as well as featured, well-written documents can be found:
July 21, 2015: Wiki Contributor's Guide
The Wiki team has crafted a Contributor's Guide for those in the community who are interested in helping maintain Gentoo's documentation! We need your help to achieve our objective of becoming the best Linux-related wiki on the web!
June 13, 2015: Introducing Article blueprints
The Wiki project members have created some Article blueprints to assist contributors in creating new articles. Visit the blueprint appropriate to the kind of Wiki article being created, then copy and paste the code from the blueprint into a new Wiki article. The goal is to help contributors focus more on quality content and less on structural busywork. Enjoy!
Dec 23, 2014: Wiki features new design
Today, we have enabled the new unified Gentoo Website theme called Tyrian on the Wiki together while applying a software update. Templates and other content elements will be updated accordingly in the upcoming weeks.
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this Wiki.
If you think there is something we can improve, please let us know on the Suggestions page.
Please note: The Wiki's IRC channel does not provide general Gentoo support! Go to #gentoo if this type of support is required!
Recently added pages
- 13:29, 2 August 2015 Gnome Cheat Sheet (hist) [500 bytes] Rastabaddon (Created page with "== Gnome Shell Cheat Sheet == === Create a custom application launcher in Gnome Shell === Create a APP_NAME.desktop (APP_NAME application name) file under /usr/share/applica...")
- 07:40, 2 August 2015 Filesystem/zh-cn (hist) [1,871 bytes] Liangzhao (Created page with "文件系统")
- 13:15, 1 August 2015 Chroot/de (hist) [5,003 bytes] SebastianSchmid (Created page with "Chroot")
- 08:25, 1 August 2015 Filesystem/ja (hist) [1,998 bytes] Wjn (Created page with "ファイルシステム")
- 21:16, 31 July 2015 Filesystem/de (hist) [2,217 bytes] SebastianSchmid (Created page with "Dateisystem")