Welcome to the Gentoo Wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you to the Gentoo Wiki.
To find the information you are looking for, you can use either the search box on the top right corner of your screen, or browse the Wiki using the links below.
Did you find something you'd like to add or edit? The Getting Started section below gives you a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
On our Wiki, you can find both official documentation created by the Gentoo Documentation Team, as well as community-contributed contents.
Most importantly, there is the Gentoo Handbook as well as selected well-written documents:
Dec 23, 2014: Wiki features new design
Today, we have enabled the new unified Gentoo Website theme called Tyrian on the wiki together while applying a software update. Templates and other content elements will be updated accordingly in the upcoming weeks.
Dec 10, 2013: New: Featured Documentation
The Gentoo Documentation Team now hosts most of their documentation on our Wiki, enabling every community member to contribute to these excellent articles.
Jun 9, 2013: Translations going live
Today, we are opening the page translation feature of the Gentoo Wiki to all editors.
To learn more (including how to become a translator), please see the translation help page.
You are welcome to edit or create pages on this Wiki.
Before making your first edit or creating your first new page, please consult the Help page on how to do that. It also links to the MediaWiki User's Guide that contains information about how our wiki software works.
Should you have any questions related to the Wiki, you can always join our IRC channel #gentoo-wiki on irc.gentoo.org or email us at email@example.com. (Note: We do not provide general Gentoo support!) If you think there's something we can improve, please let us know on the Suggestions page.
Recently added pages
- 20:46, 17 April 2015 /etc/portage/package.accept keywords (hist) [2,343 bytes] Maffblaster (Initial creation of the /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords article. Information in this article has been extracted from the Portage manpage, the modified to be more accurate. Correct if I missed something.)
- 20:24, 17 April 2015 /etc/portage/modules (hist) [920 bytes] Maffblaster (Initial creation of the /etc/portage/modules article. Information in this article has been extracted from the Portage manpage.)
- 18:12, 17 April 2015 /etc/portage/repos.conf (hist) [7,315 bytes] Maffblaster (Creating the repos.conf page. Most of the information has been extracted from the Portage man page.)
- 20:09, 16 April 2015 Tbc-guest (hist) [2,545 bytes] Zorry (Created page with "Guest daemon: In short, the guest daemon fetches the first package to build from the build list and builds it. Portage: We copy some of the portage files and patch them. Firs...")
- 18:20, 8 April 2015 Set Keyboard Repeat Delay and Rate (hist) [492 bytes] Xenobyte (Initial version)