Welcome to the Gentoo wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you to the Gentoo wiki.
To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Both official Gentoo project documentation as well as community-contributed content can be found here. The vast majority of documentation is publicly editable. Official documents have a Handbook: or Project: prefix (only developers can edit them). Community members can leave comments/feedback for these pages via their respective Discussion pages.
Find something to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Most importantly, the Gentoo Handbook is among the best documents found on the wiki:
September 29, 2018: New Handbook edits now marked for translation
As of today, all pending edits in our Handbook namespace have been marked for translations. Handbook translators, we apologize for the delay in getting these pages marked. Over the next day or so other pending-for-translation edits for main namespace articles will be marked as well. The wiki project thanks you for your translation work!
Mailing list aliases and links to our public mailing list archives are now available on the wiki hosted Project boxes for Gentoo projects. Gentoo project leads should now update their projects with mailing list information. Project mailing list alias must match the official alias found in LDAP on Gentoo infrastructure. Visit #gentoo-wiki with any questions.
July 28, 2017: Word crimes
This is a public service announcement to remind our loving community to be on the alert for word crimes. We hate to see words abused in terrible ways in our documentation, but YOU CAN HELP. YOU CAN STOP THIS ABUSE! If you see a word crime be sure to make things right. Simply perform the following steps: 1) Login 2) Click edit 3) Stop the crime from happening 4) Click 'Save page'. Stay vigilant and have a great summer!
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this wiki.
If there is something we can improve please let us know on the Feedback page.
Please note: For general Gentoo support, please get in touch with our support community instead. General support is not provided via the wiki.
Recently added pages
- 20:33, 11 October 2018 Etckeeper (hist) [5,825 bytes] Needle (init)
- 21:11, 3 October 2018 Lutris (hist) [11,094 bytes] Kreyren (Created page with "Lutris is an open source gaming platform for GNU/Linux. It makes gaming on Linux easier by managing, installing and providing optimal settings for games. Lutris does not sell...")
- 19:33, 1 October 2018 Libffi 3.3 porting notes/FFI SYSV (hist) [1,136 bytes] Slyfox (Initial version.) originally created as "Libffi 3.0 porting notes/FFI SYSV"
- 17:15, 1 October 2018 Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (hist) [13,025 bytes] Zougloub (Creation (WIP))
- 19:17, 30 September 2018 Sakaki's EFI Install Guide/Booting Legacy Images on EFI using kexec (hist) [50,436 bytes] Sakaki (Initial fair draft)