To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Both official Gentoo project documentation as well as community-contributed content can be found here. The vast majority of documentation is publicly editable. Official documents have a Handbook: or Project: prefix (only developers can edit them). Community members can leave comments/feedback for these pages via their respective Discussion pages.
Find something to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Most importantly, the Gentoo Handbook is among the best documents found on the wiki:
September 03, 2023: Changelog for the Gentoo Handbooks
Going forward, changes across the handbooks will be loosely based on a Symantec versioning scheme as inspired by Common Changelog. The team will maintain the log with best-effort intention. Additional rationale and motivation for an official changelog can found here.
July 10, 2023: Updates to project wiki form
It has been a hot summer so far, but minor enhancements to project pages here on the wiki have ensued. The project wiki form and template now have fields to support URLs for linking an external homepage and a primary code repository.
- Code repo(sitory) links to gitweb.g.o or any source code site for Gentoo projects which maintain a code base (opt in). A lot of projects have source code hosted on Gentoo's gitweb instance, but some have no associated source code. This will make finding the associated project's source code easier for project members and those exploring the Gentoo ecosystem.
- Homepage links for project homepages that exist external to the wiki (opt in). There are not many projects that have external homepages, but in the event one does exist it can be added to the wiki project page using this field.
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this wiki.
If there is something we can improve please let us know on the Feedback page.
Please note: For general Gentoo support, such as getting advise on a particular Handbook section or other generic support questions, please get in touch with our support community instead. General support is not provided by the wiki project.
Recently added pages
- 23:49, 30 September 2023 User:Brendlefly62/My personal template examples page (hist | edit) [494 bytes] Brendlefly62 (started) originally created as "My personal template examples page"
- 20:51, 30 September 2023 Starting with Debian (hist | edit) [119,419 bytes] Brendlefly62 (start page) originally created as "See Starting with Debian"
- 12:07, 29 September 2023 VirtualBox/ja (hist | edit) [27,284 bytes] Shinmili (Created page with "==== systemd ====")
- 11:48, 29 September 2023 GRUB/de (hist | edit) [53,583 bytes] Malternative (Created page with "'''GRUB 2''' ('''GR'''and '''U'''nified '''B'''ootloader version '''2'''), teilweise auch '''GRUB2''' genannt, meistens allerdings nur '''GRUB''',Article description:: ist e...")
- 04:18, 29 September 2023 Radxa ROCK Pi 4C Plus/Cheating (hist | edit) [3,041 bytes] Brendlefly62 (started...)