To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Both official Gentoo project documentation as well as community-contributed content can be found here. The vast majority of documentation is publicly editable. Official documents have a Handbook: or Project: prefix (only developers can edit them). Community members can leave comments/feedback for these pages via their respective Discussion pages.
Find something to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Most importantly, the Gentoo Handbook is among the best documents found on the wiki:
January 9, 2023: Wiki emails to Gmail accounts issue has been fixed!
Greetings and happy New Year! We are happy to announce that the issue (bug #856757) preventing wiki email messages from being received at Gmail accounts has been (finally!) resolved.
Larry was utterly happy to moo-ve on from that hurd-le...
August 04, 2022: More updates to developer and project wiki forms
Wiki admins would like to formally announce more quality of life enhancements to developer and project 'pages' here on the wiki. Enhancements include:
- Links to related bugs on bugs.g.o can now be activated on Gentoo project boxes (closes bug #686264. Individual projects can opt-in with the checkbox on each respective project page.
- A new field for developers to post a 'fund me' link directly on their developer 'profile'. None of our developers are paid by the Gentoo Foundation; the vast majority of our devs freely volunteer their time to maintain and improve Gentoo. Please consider donating to our devs who have listed their fund me info.
September 23, 2021: Updates to developer and project wiki forms
Over the past few days wiki admins have been working on small enhancements to Gentoo developer and project 'pages' here on the wiki. Enhancements include:
- Links to packages maintained via packages.g.o for developer and project pages (opt in).
- Links to keys.g.o for developer pages that define properly PGP key IDs (opt in).
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this wiki.
If there is something we can improve please let us know on the Feedback page.
Please note: For general Gentoo support, please get in touch with our support community instead. General support is not provided via the wiki.
Recently added pages
- 21:20, 30 January 2023 Shellcheck (hist | edit) [2,171 bytes] Yuri69 (Introduce the shell linter)
- 10:38, 27 January 2023 Meta ebuilds (hist | edit) [2,270 bytes] Maffblaster (Add an article explaining meta ebuilds (often referred to as meta packages).)
- 10:30, 27 January 2023 Meta (disambiguation) (hist | edit) [446 bytes] Maffblaster (MOAR META!!!1)
- 07:03, 27 January 2023 Meta article (hist | edit) [473 bytes] Maffblaster (Create Meta article for the definition and listing of other meta articles.)
- 01:25, 27 January 2023 User:Rory/PINE64 QuartzPro64/Installing Gentoo (hist | edit) [10,676 bytes] Rory (Created page with "Coming soon Warn again about micro SDHC brand sensitivity point to pre-built flash images point to stage3 tarballs list steps... give examples of root on eMMC, root on SA...") originally created as "PINE64 QuartzPro64/Installing Gentoo"