Welcome to the Gentoo wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you to the Gentoo wiki.
To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Both official Gentoo project documentation as well as community-contributed content can be found here. The vast majority of documentation is publicly editable. Official documents have a Handbook: or Project: prefix (only developers can edit them). Community members can leave comments/feedback for these pages via their respective Discussion pages.
Find something you would like to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Most importantly, the Gentoo Handbook is among the best documents found on the wiki:
July 28, 2017: Word crimes
This is a public service announcement to remind our loving community to be on the alert for word crimes. We hate to see words abused in terrible ways in our documentation, but YOU CAN HELP. YOU CAN STOP THIS ABUSE! If you see a word crime be sure to make things right. Simply perform the following steps: 1) Login 2) Click edit 3) Stop the crime from happening 4) Click 'Save page'. Stay vigilant and have a great summer!
July 14, 2017: Thank you!
A special thank you to all our wonderful contributors and translators who improve the state of our documentation and make important parts of our documents (especially the Handbook) available in non-English. Thank you all for your behind the scenes efforts! For visibility, the article blueprints (useful for creating new articles) can now be found below. Happy editing!
April 20, 2017: Article descriptions and the 'See also' template
Your wiki admins have been experimenting by setting a Article description property in the body of some articles. The goal is to expose more data points and obtain an increasing amount of modularity across the site. Ultimately wiki contributors will eventually write less (and deduplicate) content by using templates to grep for data from other articles (such as the See also template). Properties come with Semantic MediaWiki, an extension to MediaWiki, and can be confusing, so be sure to read up them before getting too carried away.
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this wiki.
If you think there is something we can improve, please let us know on the Feedback page.
Please note: If you need general Gentoo support, please get in touch with our support community instead.
Recently added pages
- 14:49, 12 October 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th generation (hist) [1,425 bytes] NegatedVoid (Initial page version)
- 07:52, 10 October 2017 Upgrading GCC/it (hist) [7,688 bytes] Maxxx (Created page with "Aggiornare GCC")
- 20:05, 8 October 2017 Sakaki's EFI Install Guide/Disabling the Intel Management Engine (hist) [47,273 bytes] Sakaki (Initial fair draft. Not yet linked into the guide proper.)
- 09:37, 5 October 2017 Safe CFLAGS/it (hist) [23,763 bytes] Suricata (English text copied and Italian translation started)
- 11:04, 3 October 2017 Upgrading Gentoo/it (hist) [23,147 bytes] Alogim (Created page with "Aggiornare Gentoo")