- 1 Resolve PPC bootloader installation instructions
- 2 Finish new Gentoo wallpapers
- 3 Terminology update: Overlay -> ebuild repository
- 4 Add new recentchanges bot to #gentoo-wiki
- 5 GPG fingerprints for user infoboxes
- 6 Close all open discussions in the Handbook namespace
- 7 Merge accounts
- 8 Someone please work on these. Someone. ANYONE?! PLEASE!!
Resolve PPC bootloader installation instructions
Handbook probably needs to be migrated from yaboot to GRUB2. See discussion on Handbook_Talk:PPC/Installation/Bootloader.
Finish new Gentoo wallpapers
- Add new wallpapers to www.g.o.
- Work on getting a resize script for common supported display resolutions.
- Consider mobile device resolutions.
- Upload wallpapers sources (with attribution) to Gentoo's GitHub and gitweb.g.o.
- Finish imagemagick resize script for end user reproducability.
- See this tutorial for possible options.
- Pseudo-code from Robin:
$SRC -> parallel(for each $RESOLUTIONS: resample, render signet at $POS; save)
Terminology update: Overlay -> ebuild repository
Figure out how to address the following articles (man pages will also need updated):
- PORTDIR_OVERLAY variable.
- layman-overlay-maker command.
Add new recentchanges bot to #gentoo-wiki
Code for a similar recentchanges output:
$wiki $encoded_wiki_page $action $fullurl - User: $username - Summary: $summary
Waiting on a response to issue 62 to add a new wiki to the bot's @recentchanges command.
- Link from cronolio: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRCFeeds#Example
- Setting up ircII with recentchanges: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRCD#How_to_do_it_on_your_own_server
TODO: write a module to watch recent changes for sopel.
GPG fingerprints for user infoboxes
Wiki users should have a uniform way of sharing their GPG fingerprints. Developers have this done automatically on www.g.o from LDAP information. User's have no such process.
Created the following properties:
Close all open discussions in the Handbook namespace
As I continue to clean up our docs in 2017, I am rapidly working to close out all open discussions in the Handbook namespace. Will move this section to Completed tasks when finished.
- User:Mjeveritt (old|confirmed) with User:Veremit (new|confirmed).
- User:Aliceinwire (old|confirmed) with User:Alicef (new|confirmed).
- User:Jonasstein (old|confirmed) with User:Jstein (new|confirmed).
- User:Tar (old|confirmed) into User:Thinrope (new|confirmed); close this discussion.
Someone please work on these. Someone. ANYONE?! PLEASE!!
- GitLab - Clean up article: meld it into proper article layout/formatting according to wiki Guidelines, review for correctness.
- Work on bringing GitLab to Gentoo. This would be of use to infra as a GitHub fall back (since GitHub isn't nicely open source).
- Start with a Gentoo-based container (if necessary), and build from there.