- 1 Resolve PPC bootloader installation instructions
- 2 Finish new Gentoo wallpapers
- 3 Terminology update: Overlay -> ebuild repository
- 4 Add new recentchanges bot to #gentoo-wiki
- 5 Close all open discussions in the Handbook namespace
- 6 Merge accounts
- 7 Someone please work on these. Someone. ANYONE?! PLEASE!!
Resolve PPC bootloader installation instructions
Handbook probably needs to be migrated from yaboot to GRUB2. See discussion on Handbook_Talk:PPC/Installation/Bootloader.
Finish new Gentoo wallpapers
- Add new wallpapers to www.g.o.
- Work on getting a resize script for common supported display resolutions.
- Consider mobile device resolutions.
- Upload wallpapers sources (with attribution) to Gentoo's GitHub and gitweb.g.o.
- Finish imagemagick resize script for end user reproducability.
- See this tutorial for possible options.
- Pseudo-code from Robin:
$SRC -> parallel(for each $RESOLUTIONS: resample, render signet at $POS; save)
Terminology update: Overlay -> ebuild repository
Figure out how to address the following articles (man pages will also need updated):
- PORTDIR_OVERLAY variable.
- layman-overlay-maker command.
Add new recentchanges bot to #gentoo-wiki
Code for a similar recentchanges output:
$wiki $encoded_wiki_page $action $fullurl - User: $username - Summary: $summary
Waiting on a response to issue 62 to add a new wiki to the bot's @recentchanges command.
- Link from cronolio: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRCFeeds#Example
- Setting up ircII with recentchanges: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRCD#How_to_do_it_on_your_own_server
TODO: write a module to watch recent changes for sopel.
Close all open discussions in the Handbook namespace
As I continue to clean up our docs in 2017, I am rapidly working to close out all open discussions in the Handbook namespace. Will move this section to Completed tasks when finished.
Nothing to do here.
Someone please work on these. Someone. ANYONE?! PLEASE!!
- GitLab - Clean up article: meld it into proper article layout/formatting according to wiki Guidelines, review for correctness.
- Work on bringing GitLab to Gentoo. This would be of use to infra as a GitHub fall back (since GitHub isn't nicely open source).
- Start with a Gentoo-based container (if necessary), and build from there.