Contributor's guide — Guidelines — Fixing errors howto
Editing pages — Talk pages — Formatting
Code of conduct — About Gentoo wiki — Wiki FAQ
- This is a "rough cut" to replace an outdated article.
Gentoo Wiki pages have a header, a site navigation bar just below, with a tool menu and user menu to the right, and finally a page bar with a search box on the right.
The items available will vary depending on the type of page shown.
- Main page
- Gentoo Wiki homepage.
- Recent changes
- Track the most recent changes to the wiki.
- Documentation on using and editing the wiki.
- List of Gentoo projects.
- Shortcuts to Gentoo documentation.
- What links here
- Lists pages which contain a link to the current page. Useful to find related information or for refactoring and checking whether links to this page are still relevant after changes.
- Related changes
- Lists recent changes in the pages linked to from the current page. The "Hide minor edits" option can be set in preferences to make this list more manageable.
- Upload file
- Allows logged-in users to upload images and other files to the wiki. Uploaded files can be linked from or embedded into wiki pages. See also managing files.
- Special pages
- Lists the MediaWiki special pages, these present information about the Wiki and/or allow access to administration activities. These special pages are commonly generated when the special page is loaded rather than being stored in the wiki database. See special pages.
Allow a logged-in user to view and edit their user page and wiki preferences, quickly access their contributions, and logout.
For anonymous users, a link to the login and account creation page.
- Link to user page.
- Link to user discussion page, where other users can leave messages.
- Personal site preferences.
- List of all pages monitored for changes. Pages can be added to this list by clicking "Watch" in the "More" menu, or upon editing a page.
- Personal list of contributions made to the wiki.
- Log out
- Click to log out of the wiki.
View, edit, and discuss the current page. See also Namespace.
- Discuss the current page with other users.
- Change current page content.
- History of page changes.
- Move page.
- Monitor page for changes.
- Regenerates the page cache and other background checks.