|Description||Proxy Maintainers facilitates high quality user contributions and works to enhance user-developer cooperation in maintaining packages.|
|Mailing email@example.com | Archive|
Last elected: 2017/08/08
(and inherited member(s))
|Parent Project||Quality Assurance|
The Proxy Maintainers Project is the primary contact point for users who are interested in maintaining packages in the official Gentoo package repository. We help users to adopt a package as their own, whether it be a previously abandoned one, or a new package. We also offer a framework in which users aid developers in maintaining their own packages under the supervision of the Proxy Maintainers Project.
- 2017-06-10 till 2017-11-20 Contacted about hundred inactive proxied maintainer, tried to reactivate them, retire else and reassign all packages.
- 2017-10-02 Creation of Maintainer bugs for the proxied maintainer who have none yet.
- 2017-11-20 New documentation for proxied maintainer and proxy maintainer
What it takes to be a Proxied Maintainer
Enthusiasm: User questions regarding your package will be directed to you. We would like you to enjoy the maintenance and not feel as though it is a chore.
Teamwork: Our team of developers will assist and guide you toward ensuring that your submission meets the standards of the Gentoo QA policy. We will make sure that our feedback is productive and that you are treated with respect.
Responsibility: A Proxied Maintainer wants to maintain a package, take responsibility for any related bugs, and keep it up-to-date in the long term. The Proxied Maintainer tests packages carefully in his or her local overlay before submitting them.
Patience: The package maintenance involves communicating with developers, users and upstream programmers. Sometimes your submissions may require a lot of work to meet the Gentoo QA standards. This can be frustrating, but the Proxy Maintainers will do their best to aid a Proxied Maintainer throughout the process.
- How to find interesting ebuilds to contribute?
- Which are the best tools for the work as proxied maintainer?
- How do proxied maintainers work together with developers on a package?
- Proxied Maintainer FAQ and common mistakes
- A list of common abbreviations in Gentoo for the new (proxied) maintainer is in the wiki.
- A guide to all things Proxy-Maint: Here you'll find useful information on interacting with developers and the project. You'll find guidelines to follow while taking part in the project as well as policies that all participants are bound by. There is also information on Proxy Maintainers' Quality Assurance standards and how to achieve them.
- Guide to Git: Contributing to the project via pull requests and patch submissions.
- Project Policies and Guidelines: Both users and developers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the inner workings of the project.
Links to Bugzilla and PR on github
- Bugs assigned to the Proxy Maintainers Project.
- Maintainer tickets of our Proxied maintainers