Project:Proxy Maintainers/find interesting ebuilds to contribute
From Gentoo WikiJump to:navigation Jump to:search
easy problems for everybody
- Improve the DESCRIPTION of proxy maintained or unmaintained packages. The description should be specific, neutral and <= 80 characters between inside the " marks.
- Fix broken HOMEPAGE or SRC_URI of proxy maintained or unmaintained packages.
moderate problems for the experienced proxied maintainer
- Bump proxy maintained or unmaintained packages to the latest EAPI
- Bump the version of proxy maintained or unmaintained packages to the latest version
- Fix new GCC porting issues. In many cases, new GCC releases are becoming stricter with the code they accept and often only small syntactic changes are required to make the package work again.
difficult problems for the very experienced proxied maintainer
- Introduce new use flags for proxy maintained or unmaintained packages
Websites which help to find work
- Ebuilds reported to need a version bump without a maintainer.
Bug tickets without activity
- CC'ed to the Proxy Maintainer Project
- AND untouched for the last 360 days
- AND NOT assigned to a Gentoo developer
- AND NOT a Proxied Maintainer Bug
These tickets are likely forgotten contributions or bug reports.
Commands which help to find work
Print all orphaned packages (missing a maintainer):
Print all installed orphaned packages:
qlist -Iv $(portageq --repo gentoo --orphaned)