Welcome to the Gentoo wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you to the Gentoo wiki.
To find information use the search box on the top right corner of the screen, or categorically browse the wiki using the Documentation topic links provided below.
Both official Gentoo project documentation as well as community-contributed content can be found here. The vast majority of documentation is publicly editable. Official documents have a Handbook: or Project: prefix (only developers can edit them). Community members can leave comments/feedback for these pages via their respective Discussion pages.
Find something to add or edit? The Getting started section (below) gives contributors a few pointers on how to start editing articles.
Most importantly, the Gentoo Handbook is among the best documents found on the wiki:
Mailing list aliases and links to our public mailing list archives are now available on the wiki hosted Project boxes for Gentoo projects. Gentoo project leads should now update their projects with mailing list information. Project mailing list alias must match the official alias found in LDAP on Gentoo infrastructure. Visit #gentoo-wiki with any questions.
July 28, 2017: Word crimes
This is a public service announcement to remind our loving community to be on the alert for word crimes. We hate to see words abused in terrible ways in our documentation, but YOU CAN HELP. YOU CAN STOP THIS ABUSE! If you see a word crime be sure to make things right. Simply perform the following steps: 1) Login 2) Click edit 3) Stop the crime from happening 4) Click 'Save page'. Stay vigilant and have a great summer!
July 14, 2017: Thank you!
A special thank you to all our wonderful contributors and translators who improve the state of our documentation and make important parts of our documents (especially the Handbook) available in non-English. Thank you all for your behind the scenes efforts! For visibility, the article blueprints (useful for creating new articles) can now be found below. Happy editing!
Anyone is welcome to edit or create pages on this wiki.
If there is something we can improve please let us know on the Feedback page.
Please note: For general Gentoo support, please get in touch with our support community instead. General support is not provided via the wiki.
Recently added pages
- 11:43, 10 March 2018 Keyboard layout switching/zh-cn (hist) [17,083 bytes] 空空 (Created page with "切换键盘布局")
- 00:19, 9 March 2018 Dislocker (hist) [718 bytes] Necrose99 (Created page with "'''sys-fs/dislocker''' '''Dislocker is used to read BitLocker encrypted partitions.''' '''https://github.com/Aorimn/dislocker''' '''A note on fstab''' BitLocker partitions...")
- 02:46, 6 March 2018 Google Summer of Code/2018/Ideas/Standalone Gentoo Chromebook (hist) [1,179 bytes] Heroxbd (Hello world!)
- 18:47, 3 March 2018 Chromebook (hist) [4,640 bytes] Madx (initial work)
- 21:08, 25 February 2018 QEMU/Bridge with Wifi Routing (hist) [5,354 bytes] Ketetefid (Created page with "=Introduction= When there are several VMs running and the developer wants them to interact with each other, you create a bridge. As discussed here you can easily bridge an Eth...")