|Gentoo GNOME Desktop|
|Description||The Gentoo Gnome Project aims to bring the current and complete GNOME Desktop Environment to Gentoo.|
Last elected: 2017/02/27
(and inherited members)
|Parent Project||Gentoo Linux|
The Gentoo GNOME Project aims to bring the current and complete GNOME Desktop Environment to Gentoo. We maintain the GNOME core libraries, GNOME Office Applications (gnumeric, abiword, dia, planner) and various applications that are part of the GNOME Desktop.
3.22 differences and known issues in Gentoo
The following is Gentoo specific notes for 3.22 release:
- We have reverted back to defaulting to Xorg sessions, even if
USE="wayland"is enabled globally. You can still review the available sessions and choose the "GNOME on Wayland" session if you want. We will default to Wayland sessions in GNOME 3.24, if
- There are some known issues with automatic launch of some background services, such as vino screen sharing and rygel media sharing.
- gnome-extra/gnome-shell-extensions-topicons does not work anymore, gnome-extra/gnome-shell-extensions-topicons-plus is a suitable replacement, which is a fork with a different name and versioning.
- We do not provide Flatpak integration yet, help is welcome!
- Renaming multiple files in gnome-base/nautilus requires
- Photo sharing may require relevant USE flags on related packages for supporting online services.
- We may have a different set of applications that are pulled in via our meta-packages. Most applications are packaged however, and can be installed separately if desired.
There are several (potentially antiquated) GNOME related resources available to our users. These include:
- Policy - Policy statements for the Gentoo GNOME Project.
- GNOME 3 Upgrade Guide - Upgrade/Installation guide for Gnome 3.
- GNOME 3.22 Notes - Gentoo specific GNOME 3.22 release notes.
- GNOME 3 Troubleshooting - Find here tips for solving common bugs/problems.
- Gnome Team Ebuild Policies - GNOME team policies for ebuilds.
RecruitmentWe are currently looking for users interested in helping the project with these jobs:
|Gnome||Our project is understaffed. We are constantly looking for users and developers to help us maintaining Gnome||Candidates must be familiar with Bugzilla and Gentoo tree firstname.lastname@example.org|