From Gentoo Wiki
3.22 differences and known issues in Gentoo
The following is Gentoo specific notes for 3.22 release:
- We have reverted back to defaulting to Xorg sessions, even if
USE="wayland"is enabled globally. You can still review the available sessions and choose the "GNOME on Wayland" session if you want. We will default to Wayland sessions in GNOME 3.26, if
- There are some known issues with automatic launch of some background services, such as vino screen sharing and rygel media sharing.
- gnome-extra/gnome-shell-extensions-topicons does not work anymore, gnome-extra/gnome-shell-extensions-topicons-plus is a suitable replacement, which is a fork with a different name and versioning.
- We do not provide Flatpak integration yet, help is welcome!
- Renaming multiple files in gnome-base/nautilus requires
- Photo sharing may require relevant USE flags on related packages for supporting online services.
- We may have a different set of applications that are pulled in via our meta-packages. Most applications are packaged however, and can be installed separately if desired.