Bugday is a single day each month devoted to improving Gentoo in all aspects.
Next Bugday: December 1st, 2018
Who: Gentoo Community (developers and users) - organized by the Gentoo Bugday team.
When: Usually on the first Saturday of every month, when possible.
Time: 24h event.
Where: The #gentoo-bugs channel on Freenode IRC.
- A Gentoo installation.
- An IRC client.
- A Gentoo Bugzilla account.
- Wiki account (optional).
- Good mood and a friendly attitude.
- Fix bugs.
- Bug triaging.
- Version bumps.
- Close old fixed bugs.
- Add or improve documentation here on the wiki.
- Bugs with the Bugday flag
- maintainer-wanted (all packages)
- maintainer-wanted (new ebuilds)
- maintainer-wanted (version bump)
- maintainer-needed - Existing ebuilds that need a developer.
- bugs last touched by year
- Requested articles - Interests our community would like to know more about, but haven't been written yet.
- Contribute to articles in the Todo category:
- Dirty - Clean up 'dirty' articles by improving grammar, punctuation, or clarity.
- Outdated articles - Bring outdated articles up to speed on current practices.
- Stub - Fill stub articles article appropriate content.
- Misused templates - Fix misused templates.
- Wikify articles - Add proper formatting to articles that need wikification.
- Todo articles - Cross off itemized tasks that need action.
- Open discussions - Complete open discussions and mark them as done.
- Suggestions - Suggest wiki maintainers to make a wiki-wide change.
Bugs in progress
You can select bugs from the lists and add them here with your name/nick next to it in order to track who is working on what.
- Bugs can be touched by more than one user.
- Contributing to Gentoo — explains how users can contribute to the development of Gentoo
- Submitting ebuilds — explains how to submit ebuilds through the Bugzilla bug tracking web application.
- Bugzilla/Guide — covers the recommended method of reporting bugs for Gentoo.
- Bugzilla (Bug report guide)
- Meaningful backtraces in Gentoo (Quality Assurance project)