From Gentoo Wiki
Bugday focus: EAPI 7
Topic 1: EAPI 7
Search packages, which are not yet based on EAPI 7 and update them.
- Tracker for EAPI 5 removal bug #698100
- Tracker for EAPI 6 removal bug #770247
Topic 2: Check the installation manual
Search and fix bugs in the installation manual.
I still do not know how to start. Could you provide an example workflow?
Larry wants to fix one of his favourite packages.
- Larry picks one package in bug #705764
- Larry adds the bug number to the "looking at" column in his row in the Activity Tracker (and adds a row for himself if one does not already exist) so others can see this bug is being worked on
- net-misc/networkmanager: Fails to compile with -fno-common bug #706000
- check upstream - is there a fix?
- if there is, decide if a patch or a version bump makes more sense.
- download or write a patch, copy it to /etc/portage/patches and test it
- report upstream, and link the upstream bug/ticket in Gentoo's Bugzilla
- now that the task is completed, Larry should update the Activity Tracker by moving the bug number from the "looking at" column to the "completed" column
|Larry the Cow||fix bug #000001 bug #000002||bug #000001|
|Bernd Waibel||bug #470652 bug #770595||bug #470652 bug #770595|
- Bugday — a single day each month devoted to development efforts pertaining to a certain area of the Gentoo project.