From Gentoo Wiki
Topic 1: Add or improve documentation here on the wiki
Important because: The wiki is an important documentation platform for Gentoo. We exchange our knowledge there, but the wiki needs also some care.
- Requested articles - Articles about things our community would like to know more about, but haven't been written yet.
- Contribute to articles in the Todo category:
- Dirty - Clean up 'dirty' articles by improving grammar, punctuation, or clarity.
- Outdated articles - Bring outdated articles up to speed on current practices.
- Stub - Fill stub articles with appropriate content.
- Misused templates - Fix misused templates.
- Wikify articles - Add proper formatting to articles that need wikification.
- Todo articles - Cross off itemized tasks that need action.
- Suggestions - Suggest wiki maintainers to make a wiki-wide change.
- Our wiki article about the Ryzen CPUs in Gentoo is important for many users, and needs some care.
Topic 2: Patches for packages failing with -fno-common
Important because: This bug blocks the upgrade to gcc-10
How to find packages with this bug?
- Many packages are linked to the bug tracker ticket bug #705764
How to fix this bug?
- First, check, if there is a patch upstream already
- Write a patch, send it upstream and link it in the bug of the package.
- gcc-10 porting notes about fno_common
|Larry the Cow||fix bug #000001 bug #000002||bug #000001|