Gentoo Wiki:Requested Articles
This page is a work in process by Gentoo wiki contributors. Anyone is welcome to help by creating articles (listed below) that do not exist on our Wiki. Join #gentoo-wiki if you have any questions!
Please list topics that you think the Gentoo Wiki should cover. See also the Stub category index page for articles that need expansion. Many requests listed here are works in progress. Feel free to add new pages or to improve pages that are linked here. There is still much to do!
- 1 Gentoo development
- 2 Project and community
- 3 Core system
- 4 Software
- 5 Hardware
- 6 Network
- 7 Desktop
- 8 Server and security
Portage Development- Done!
Project and community
How to contribute to Gentoo- Done! (Yngwin )
- Introduction to Gentoo Linux (perhaps to replace Benefits of Gentoo) - a more "neutral" description of differences between Gentoo and other distros is needed; not simply a "pro/con" style tit-for-tat, since what's a "pro" to one user may be a "con" for others. - In Process... (Maffblaster )
- musl - How to replace glibc with musl. See http://www.musl-libc.org/
- uClibc - How to replace glibc with uClibc. See http://www.uclibc.org/
Quick Install Guide to parallel the Quick Install Guide- Done! (Defer ) The install guide has been updated to handle both x86 and AMD64 systems.
Kernel/Configuration: Kernel configuration walk through- Done! (Astaecker )
System tools and daemons
egencache- Done! (Maffblaster )
elogv- Done! (Jrtk )
epkginfo- Done! (Maffblaster )
portageq- Done! (Maffblaster )
qcheck- Done! (Jrtk )
- savedconfig -
ufed- Done! (Maffblaster )
Virtualization, containers, chroots, etc.
- Chroot Guide (to test self-written ebuilds) - In progress... (maffblaster )
- Profile switching (Arch/Subarch, multilib,...) -
Docker- Done! (Sasf54 and Nemunaire )
- See Project:Docker for the official Gentoo project.
- Cobbler -
Configuration management tools
- bzip2 -
- gzip -
- tar -
unzip- Done! (Maffblaster )
- xz -
zip- Done! (Maffblaster )
- zpaq - in progress (User:Ng0/drafts/zpaq ng0 )
Shell and terminal console
- Apcupsd: an application for interacting with APC uninterruptible power supplies -
Network interface- Done!