License of the "g" logo
The blue "g" and red "gentoo" logo have been relicensed to CC-BY-SA-4.0 in the 2016-12-18 trustees meeting, see https://projects.gentoo.org/foundation/motions/2016_motions.txt. So the page should be updated accordingly. --ulm (talk) 11:55, 27 December 2016 (UTC)
- I have fixed this myself, after getting an ack from dabbott in #gentoo-dev. --ulm (talk) 21:43, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
- In order to avoid redirects please update any fonthead.com links in this article; for example http://www.fonthead.com/license now redirects to https://www.fontspring.com/lic/fonthead-design/desktop.
- All www.gentoo.org links should use HTTPS
- All sources.gentoo.org links should use HTTPS
- https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Drobbins now redirects to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Daniel_Robbins
- http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/70870 doesn't work anymore; I haven't been able to locate an alternative yet
- Items 2, 3, and 4 above are done.
- As for item 1, the Font Heads font was licensed under the "Fonthead Design Inc. End User License Agreement Version 2.0 - May 19, 2009" which can still be found in the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20110711015123/http://www.fonthead.com/license. However, the above mentioned redirect links to a different "Fontspring Font License Desktop EULA 1.7" license, so I think that updating the link to that would be wrong. Also I cannot find the Font Heads font at fontspring.com. Again, the Wayback Machine has a copy of it: https://web.archive.org/web/20110711014950/http://www.fonthead.com/fonts/Font-Heads. So I suggest that we update the links to the ones at archive.org.
- Item 5 presumably is this thread: https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/f4fd553bb6377a62b3045a86c9880a21. Maybe Sping can confirm this? --ulm (talk) 16:48, 5 August 2017 (UTC)