|Gentoo KDE Project|
|Description||The primary goal of the Gentoo KDE project is to provide support for all packages produced by the KDE Community.|
|Lead(s)|| none |
Last elected: 2015/03/11
(and inherited members)
|Parent Project||Gentoo Linux|
In addition to its primary goal of support for all packages produced by the KDE Community, the Gentoo KDE Project maintains a variety of other KDE-based applications and underlying support packages in order to provide a first-class KDE experience.
Our primary focus is the same as upstream - the latest generation of KDE software:
We have a secondary focus on:
- Other KDE-produced software (such as app-office/calligra and dev-util/kdevelop)
- Miscellaneous KDE-specific software (kde-misc/*)
- Popular KDE-based software not already maintained (such as app-office/kraft and net-p2p/ktorrent)
- Tools that support all of the above (such as dev-util/cmake and dev-util/rbtools)
Legacy areas such as Plasma 4 are retained for now, but only receive minimal maintenance and are no longer supported by upstream.
Support and assistance
There are several ways to get support with KDE related issues:
- To install KDE on Gentoo, use the KDE Guide. This guide covers the installation of Plasma 5 and the various KDE applications.
- You can join #gentoo-kde on the Freenode IRC network. You'll find some of the team members there most of the time.
- You can address your concerns in the Gentoo Forums. Not all of us are avid forums users but many experienced users and some developers are likely to be able to help you.
- The gentoo-desktop and gentoo-user mailing lists can be used to discuss problems and announce various things (like meetings or important changes). It's necessary to subscribe before posting.
- Of course, you can also file a bug report. Please read How to report bugs before.
There's lots of ways to contribute to KDE on Gentoo, even if you are new or not familiar with ebuilds.
Supporting the community
You can help answer questions and participate in discussions over various mediums:
- Gentoo Forums, usually the Desktop Environments forum.
- IRC channels such as #gentoo-kde, #gentoo, and #gentoo-desktop
- Mailing lists such as gentoo-user and gentoo-desktop.
You are welcome to add and edit wiki articles - be bold:
- Start a new wiki article to document a new subject, knowledge or package.
- Improve existing documentation by clicking Edit at the top right of an article.
- Translate documentation for foreign readers.
Bugs can usually be usually be classified as either an upstream or a downstream bug.
Issues such as build failure, missing dependencies, or features not working in Gentoo (but work in other distros) are usually downstream bugs and should be reported on Gentoo's bugzilla.
Runtime issues such as crashes or incorrect package behaviour are usually upstream bugs and should be reported on the KDE Bugtracking System. If there is a fix available that needs backporting or some other reason we need to track the bug, feel free to file a Gentoo bug about the issue too.
If in doubt, please file a Gentoo bug and we can advise you how to proceed.
In either case, please check troubleshooting, search for existing reports, and try with the latest package version before reporting.
You can help to review and resolve existing bugs:
- Try to reproduce the issue and report your findings
- Check to see if others are having the same problem - often further information or solutions can be found on the forums, other distributions' bugtrackers, Google...
- If you want to contribute code, please fork the kde overlay github mirror and send pull requests
- Please read the coding style guide first
- Once your pull request is merged/rebased you will get an entry in CONTRIBUTORS hall of fame
Finally, it would be great to chat to you on IRC, too - this is how we normally get to know each other. Please drop into #gentoo-kde and chat with us. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to /query individual team members or ask in #gentoo-kde, #gentoo-desktop or #gentoo.
We provide a number of documents to support working with KDE-related ebuilds and eclasses in Gentoo:
There are currently no staffing needs posted for this project.
|March 11, 2015||dilfridge, johu, kensington, mrueg, scarabeus||20150311|
|August 10, 2014||alexxy, creffett, dilfridge, johu, kensington, mrueg, scarabeus||20140810|
|March 30, 2014||ago, creffett, johu, kensington, mrueg, scarabeus||20140329|
|May 23, 2013||ago, creffett, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, scarabeus, thev00d00||20130523|
|March 21, 2013||ago, creffett, dilfridge, dastergon, jmorgan, scarabeus||20130321|
|January 17, 2013||alexxy, creffett, dilfridge, dastergon, mschiff, thev00d00||20130117|
|November 8, 2012||creffett, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, kensington||20121108|
|September 27, 2012||ago, creffett, dilfridge, johu, mschiff, scarabeus, tampakrap, thev00d00||20120927|
|August 16, 2012||ago, creffett, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, tampakrap, Thev00d00||20120816||20120816|
|June 21, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, scarabeus, tampakrap||20120621||20120621|
|May 17, 2012||alexxy, creffett, dilfridge, johu, JoseJX, kensington, reavertm||20120517||20120517|
|April 19, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, johu, kensington, scarabeus, tampakrap, thev00d00||20120419||20120419|
|March 22, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, johu, mschiff, scarabeus, tampakrap||20120322||20120322|
|January 16, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, mschiff, tampakrap, Thev00d00||20120116||20120116|
|August 31, 2011||20110831|
|June 02, 2011||20110602||20110602|
|March 31, 2011||20110331|
|February 10, 2011||20110210||20110210|
|September 2, 2010||ABCD, dilfridge, reavertm, spatz, tampakrap||20100902||20100902|
|June 4, 2010||ABCD, alexxy, dilfridge, wired, scarabeus, deathwing00, patrick, jmbsvicetto||20100604||20100604|
|March 18, 2010||alexxy, jmbsvicetto, patrick, scarabeus, spatz, tampakrap, wired||20100318||20100318|
|February 25, 2010||abcd, alexxy, jmbsvicetto, patrick, reavertm, scarabeus, spatz, ssuominen, tampakrap, wired||20100225||20100225|
|November 19, 2009||abcd, ayoy, dagger, ingmar, jmbsvicetto, mrpouet, patrick, pesa, scarabeus, spatz, sput, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20091119|
|September 24, 2009||abcd, alexxy, ayoy, dagger, jmbsvicetto, patrick, pesa, reavertm, tampakrap, wired||20090924|
|September 17, 2009||abcd, alexxy, ayoy, jmbsvicetto, patrick, pesa, reavertm, spatz, tampakrap, wired||20090917|
|August 20, 2009||abcd, ayoy, bonsaikitten, dagger, jmbsvicetto, reavertm, scarabeus, wired, yngwin||20090820||20090820|
|June 18, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, hworang, jmbsvicetto, Pessa, reavertm, scarabeus, spatz, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090618||20090618|
|May 21, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, civil, cryos, dagger, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, krytzz, lxnay, papillon81, reavertm, scarabeus, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090521||20090521|
|April 1, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, cryos, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, krytzz, reavertm, scarabeus, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090401||20090401|
|March 5, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, cryos, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, reavertm, scarabeus, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090305||20090305|
|February 12, 2009||alexxy, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, krytzz, reavertm, scarabeus, Sput, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090212||20090212|
|January 08, 2009||cryos, jmbsvicetto (at the end), patrick, scarabeus, yngwin, most of the HTs||20090108||20090108|
|December 04, 2008||cryos, jmbsvicetto, keytoaster, patrick, scarabeus, yngwin, most of the HTs||20081204||20081204|
|March 06, 2008||caleb, cryos, deathwing00, genstef, ingmar, jmbsvicetto, keytoaster, philantrop, tgurr, zlin||20080306||20080306|
|October 13, 2007||cryos, genstef, jmbsvicetto, keytoaster, philantrop, tgurr||20071013||20071013|
Past meeting agendas are also available.