|Gentoo KDE Project|
|Description||The goal of the Gentoo KDE team is to provide working support for all packages supported by the KDE Project.|
The KDE project manages the KDE ebuilds within Gentoo.
For support and installation instructions please refer to KDE Guide
The goal of the Gentoo KDE team is to provide working support for all packages supported by the KDE Project. We also support as many underlying packages as necessary in order to have a properly working KDE environment. However, some KDE applications might belong to other teams due to the fact that the KDE project cannot maintain all of them properly, as there are too many applications and many of them are not used by the KDE maintainers. Nevertheless, the project does support the teams that do manage these applications, and will ensure that they use the KDE eclasses appropriately.
|March 11, 2015||dilfridge, johu, kensington, mrueg, scarabeus||20150311|
|August 10, 2014||alexxy, creffett, dilfridge, johu, kensington, mrueg, scarabeus||20140810|
|March 30, 2014||ago, creffett, johu, kensington, mrueg, scarabeus||20140329|
|May 23, 2013||ago, creffett, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, scarabeus, thev00d00||20130523|
|March 21, 2013||ago, creffett, dilfridge, dastergon, jmorgan, scarabeus||20130321|
|January 17, 2013||alexxy, creffett, dilfridge, dastergon, mschiff, thev00d00||20130117|
|November 8, 2012||creffett, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, kensington||20121108|
|September 27, 2012||ago, creffett, dilfridge, johu, mschiff, scarabeus, tampakrap, thev00d00||20120927|
|August 16, 2012||ago, creffett, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, tampakrap, Thev00d00||20120816||20120816|
|June 21, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, scarabeus, tampakrap||20120621||20120621|
|May 17, 2012||alexxy, creffett, dilfridge, johu, JoseJX, kensington, reavertm||20120517||20120517|
|April 19, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, johu, kensington, scarabeus, tampakrap, thev00d00||20120419||20120419|
|March 22, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, johu, mschiff, scarabeus, tampakrap||20120322||20120322|
|January 16, 2012||alexxy, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, mschiff, tampakrap, Thev00d00||20120116||20120116|
|August 31, 2011||20110831|
|June 02, 2011||20110602||20110602|
|March 31, 2011||20110331|
|February 10, 2011||20110210||20110210|
|September 2, 2010||ABCD, dilfridge, reavertm, spatz, tampakrap||20100902||20100902|
|June 4, 2010||ABCD, alexxy, dilfridge, wired, scarabeus, deathwing00, patrick, jmbsvicetto||20100604||20100604|
|March 18, 2010||alexxy, jmbsvicetto, patrick, scarabeus, spatz, tampakrap, wired||20100318||20100318|
|February 25, 2010||abcd, alexxy, jmbsvicetto, patrick, reavertm, scarabeus, spatz, ssuominen, tampakrap, wired||20100225||20100225|
|November 19, 2009||abcd, ayoy, dagger, ingmar, jmbsvicetto, mrpouet, patrick, pesa, scarabeus, spatz, sput, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20091119|
|September 24, 2009||abcd, alexxy, ayoy, dagger, jmbsvicetto, patrick, pesa, reavertm, tampakrap, wired||20090924|
|September 17, 2009||abcd, alexxy, ayoy, jmbsvicetto, patrick, pesa, reavertm, spatz, tampakrap, wired||20090917|
|August 20, 2009||abcd, ayoy, bonsaikitten, dagger, jmbsvicetto, reavertm, scarabeus, wired, yngwin||20090820||20090820|
|June 18, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, hworang, jmbsvicetto, Pessa, reavertm, scarabeus, spatz, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090618||20090618|
|May 21, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, civil, cryos, dagger, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, krytzz, lxnay, papillon81, reavertm, scarabeus, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090521||20090521|
|April 1, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, cryos, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, krytzz, reavertm, scarabeus, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090401||20090401|
|March 5, 2009||alexxy, bonsaikitten, cryos, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, reavertm, scarabeus, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090305||20090305|
|February 12, 2009||alexxy, hwoarang, jmbsvicetto, krytzz, reavertm, scarabeus, Sput, tampakrap, wired, yngwin||20090212||20090212|
|January 08, 2009||cryos, jmbsvicetto (at the end), patrick, scarabeus, yngwin, most of the HTs||20090108||20090108|
|December 04, 2008||cryos, jmbsvicetto, keytoaster, patrick, scarabeus, yngwin, most of the HTs||20081204||20081204|
|March 06, 2008||caleb, cryos, deathwing00, genstef, ingmar, jmbsvicetto, keytoaster, philantrop, tgurr, zlin||20080306||20080306|
|October 13, 2007||cryos, genstef, jmbsvicetto, keytoaster, philantrop, tgurr||20071013||20071013|
Past meeting agendas are also available.
There are currently no staffing needs posted for this project.
Support and assistance
There are several ways to get support with KDE related issues:
- To install KDE on Gentoo, use the Gentoo KDE Guide . This guide covers the installation of KDE 4 and the various KDE 4 applications.
- You can join #gentoo-kde on the Freenode IRC network. You'll find some of the team members there most of the time.
- You can address your concerns in the Gentoo Forums. Not all of us are avid forums users but many experienced users and some developers are likely to be able to help you.
- The gentoo-desktop and gentoo-user mailing lists can be used to discuss problems and announce various things (like meetings or important changes). It's necessary to subscribe before posting.
- Of course, you can also file a bug report. Please read How to report bugs before.
The main thing that needs doing is trawling through the current open bugs and finding those that are stale, or those that have an equivalent on KDE's Bugzilla .
You'll find a current list of open bugs here .
For those that are stale, you should ask on the bug if the problem remains in the latest version. If someone has already done this and the reporter (or someone else experiencing the same problem) has not replied it should be marked NEEDINFO.
- If you want to contribute code, please fork the kde overlay github mirror and send pull requests
- Please read the coding style guide first
- Once your pull request is merged/rebased you will get an entry in CONTRIBUTORS hall of fame
Finally, it would be great to chat to you on IRC, too - this is how we normally get to know each other. Please drop into #gentoo-kde and chat with us. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to /query individual team members or ask in #gentoo-kde, #gentoo-desktop or #gentoo.
How to report bugs
When you encounter a bug, it should always be reported. The best thing you can do is to check whether it is already reported, and if not, report to the correct people. When in doubt about the bug being gentoo's fault or an upstream bug, try to follow this procedure:
- If the bug is a runtime issue (crash or wrong package behaviour), it should be reported upstream. You can report a bug to us as well if you want, so we can track it and backport the patch. If you don't have kdebase-runtime-meta installed, then please install it first, and if you are able to reproduce, then go ahead and file the upstream bug. If you are not able to reproduce, then please report the bug only to Gentoo, with all that information.
- If the bug is a build failure, a depedency error or a general ebuild bug, it should reported to Gentoo.
- If you are still in doubt, we'd prefer you open the bug for Gentoo, so we can check and advise you how to proceed.
Before reporting the bug, make sure you have searched for similar bugs and that you haven't found your solution on the hints or troubleshooting page.