Stránka Preferences, odkazuje z vrchu každé stránky, a také Special:Preferences, dovolí každému uživateli přizpůsobit si nějaké prvky nebo funkce wiki tak aby mu vyhovovaly. Změny ve svém nastavení budete moci použít jen když jste přihlášeni.
Záložka User profile obsahuje informace a základním nastavení, které se týká vašeho uživatelského účtu.
- Uživatelské jméno vašeho uživatelského účtu. Jméno si můžete změnit.
- Member of groups
- Jména uživatelských skupin do kterých patříte. Ty vám poskytují určitá "práva" (pravomoc provádět určité akce).
- Number of edits
- Celkový počet úprav, které jste provedli na wiki.
- Registration time
- Real name
- Skutečné jméno je volitelné. Pokud si ho vyberete, bude použité pro označení autorství vaší práce.
- How do you prefer to be described? Volba vám dovolí vybrat si pohlaví (muže nebo ženy), nebo neupřesňovat. Volba je navržená pro jazyky, kde neradi angličtinu, gramatika textového uživatelského rozhraní se může změnit v závislosti na pohlaví. Třeba, tahle volba je nevýznamná pro anglické uživatele k uvedení. Vybrané pohlaví je veřejné, ale nesnadno prohlédnutelné.
- Klepněte ke změně hesla to vás přivede na jednoduchou stránku, kde si můžete změnit své wiki heslo.
- Dovolí vám, určit si jazykové rozhraní. Je tam nějaké omezení:
- Jestliže postranní lišta obsahuje tvrdě nastavené vlastní štítky, ty jsou účelová pro všechna jazyková rozhraní, a nezmění se podle tohoto nastavení.
- The interface language does not affect namespace names; they are determined by the site's main language. However, in links and in page names entered in the address bar of the browser, English namespace names, being the generic namespace names, are automatically converted to the local names.
- Your existing signature
- This shows how your current signature will appear whenever you sign with ~~~~ on a wiki page.
- New signature
- Text that defines your signature, when you enter ~~~ or ~~~~.
- If the following "raw podpis" checkbox is not checked, then your nickname is applied as a label for a link to your user page, so your signature will be [[User:uživatelské jméno|přezdívka]], although the exact expression depends on the system message MediaWiki:signature. If you leave nickname field empty, your username will be used instead.
- Neither wiki-code nor HTML code is interpreted in non-raw signature: the server passes the wiki-code on unchanged, while it converts the HTML in such a way that the browser effectively does not interpret it; for example, "<" is replaced by "<" rendered as "<".
- Treat signature as wikitext (without an automatic link)
- This option tells the wiki to interpret your nickname as wiki-code for your signature, instead of just a nickname.
Wikimedia wikis provide e-mail functionality, whereby forgotten passwords can be returned, and users can contact other users by e-mail without anyone having to reveal their address. Entering your e-mail address is entirely optional.
- Your e-mail address. This is completely optional. Whenever you enter a new address, you will be required to confirm the change by responding to a message that is sent to that e-mail address.
- Email confirmation
- The status of your e-mail address: not specified, need to confirm (in which case you need the click the link in the confirmation e-mail message you were sent), or authenticated.
- Allow other users to email me
- This allows other registered users to send you an e-mail using "E-mail this user" link on the sidebar of your user page. Emails are sent using a web interface, and your e-mail address is not revealed to a sender (that is, unless you decide to reply by email).
- Send me copies of emails I send to other users
- This option is helpful for keeping track of messages you have sent using "E-mail this user".
- Email me when a page or a file on my watchlist is changed
- Email me when my user talk page is changed
- Email me also for minor edits of pages and files
- Some of these three options are disabled on some wikis. Check your wiki to see if they are available.
These options control the appearance of some dates and times, and you can select your time zone.
- Date format
- This setting affects the appearance of timestamps on all special pages, including page histories (as listed below). They appear just like shown here, except in Recent Changes and your watchlist, where date and time are shown in different places. Note that the last option, although rather arcane, provides the only way to see seconds.
- This setting also affects the appearance of links produced by wikitext for which the date formatting feature applies.
- Time offset
- "Offset" is the number of hours to be added or subtracted from UTC to find your time zone. It may become temporarily incorrect from time to time if you observe Daylight Saving Time -- don't forget to update it to match your local time, because the wiki doesn't know where you are or precisely when you observe DST. Try this link if you are not sure what your time zone is.
Tyhle dvě volby jsou použité k zobrazení vašeho lokálního data a času na všech speciálních stránkách, tedy stránky které jsou generované automaticky a nemůžou být přímo upravené:
- Poslední změny, Souvislé změny, Sledovací seznam
- Stránka historie, obrázková historie, rozdíl (diff), uživatelské příspěvky
- "Stránka byla naposledy upravena" ve spodu stránky
On the other hand, UTC is always shown in the timestamps on all Talk pages (and also used in referring to non-localized events, including things that happen on the wiki). Keep this in mind when copying an excerpt from any special page to a Talk page. Convert manually to UTC or temporarily set the preferences to a zero offset before producing the revision history, etc. to be copied. Many experienced users prefer to keep offset as 0 all the time.
- Image size limit
- One can specify a limit on the size of images on image description pages. With a slow connection it is not practical to have to load a large image just to read image info. Also, it may be practical if a large image at first is made to fit on the screen. The large limit, 10000x10000, means that one gets the full image.
- Thumbnail size
- The width of thumbnails shown in articles and pages on the wiki. This will be used unless a specific image provides its own thumbnail size.
- Link underlining
- Here, you can choose whether links will be underlined. The "Browser default" option means the site will honor your browser's setting.
- Having underlining on means you can differentiate between two links side-by-side, like p q and p q. However, underlining means underscores (_) may get lost in the underline, which can pose a problem, particularly with URL links.
- Threshold for stub link formatting (bytes)
- A wikilink to an existing page will be in class 'stub' if the page is in the main namespace, it is not a redirect, and the number of bytes of the wikitext is less than the threshold.
- This allows users to immediately identify links to very short pages that probably need to be expanded, and links to short disambiguation pages. Alternately, a user may set a very high threshold to achieve any of the following:
- Identify links to very large pages. However, the criterion is the size of the wikitext; possible inclusion of templates and images can make the rendered page large, even if the amount of wikitext is small.
- Determine at a glance whether a link leads to the main namespace or not. However, this does not take into account redirects to the main namespace (even if the redirect itself is in the main namespace).
- Identify links to redirects, for clean-up work such as bypassing redirects.
- However, section linking to a "stub" does not work. Although this is normally a minor issue, this may cause problems with users who set a very high threshold.
- Format broken links like this (alternative
- like this?): A link to a page that doesn't exist will normally be coloured red. You can turn this option off to have the link displayed as a question mark after the linked text. Note that with the trailing question mark link, one cannot distinguish between a single word being linked, or a phrase of more than one word.
- Show hidden categories
- Shows categories which are normally hidden, at the bottom of the page.
- Auto-number headings
- This adds hierarchical outline-style numbering to headers in articles.
The options on the Editing tab can fine-tune the process of editing.
- Edit area font style
- You can change the font family of text in the edit area. The browser will determine exactly which font to use, depending on which fonts are available on your computer. "Browser default" will normally provide a
- Show preview before edit box
- If you select this option, the edit preview will be displayed above the edit box when you click the "Show preview" button while editing a page.
- Show preview on first edit
- When pressing the edit button or otherwise following a link to an edit page, a preview will appear, just like after pressing "Show preview".
- Enable section editing by right clicking on section titles
- In compatible browsers, if this option is checked, a right-click on the section title will bring up the edit box for that section only, just as if you had clicked the small  link beside the heading.
- Edit pages on double click
- In compatible browsers, if this option is checked, a double click anywhere on the page will bring up the edit box for the entire contents of the page, just like what happens when you click on the "Edit" tab at the top of the page.
- Mark all edits minor by default
- This option automatically selects the "This is a minor edit" checkbox when you edit pages.
- Use external editor by default
- This feature allows you to edit pages in an external program, rather than using the wiki editing form in your web browser. It requires a special set-up on your computer. See mw:Manual:External editors on the MediaWiki web site for information and setup instructions.
- Use external diff by default
- This is an advanced feature that requires a special set-up on your computer. See mw:Manual:External editors for information and instructions.
- Prompt me when entering a blank edit summary (or the default undo summary)
- If selected, the editor will display a warning message when no edit summary is provided. This can help you remember to provide edit summaries, as they help other editors greatly.
- Show previews without reloading the page
- This is an experimental feature that speeds up the retrieval of edit previews. When you click the "Show preview" button, the browser will retrieve a preview from the wiki server and display it above the edit box, without needing to reload the page. This is only an experimental feature for the time being.
- Enable the editing toolbar
- In compatible browsers, the enhanced toolbar developed as part of the Usability Initiative will be displayed.
- Assistant languages
- comma separated list of language codes. Translation of a message in these languages are shown when you are translating. The default list of languages depends on your language.
On the Recent changes tab, you can choose what appears on your Poslední změny page (linked in the sidebar, and available at Special:RecentChanges). Some of these options also affect related changes at Special:RecentChangesLinked.
- Days to show in recent changes
- The number of days' worth of changes to show in the Recent Changes list. The default is 7 days; the maximum is 91 days. On busy wikis (like English Wikipedia), you will usually only see changes from the last few hours or minutes, regardless of this setting.
- Number of edits to show in recent changes, page histories, and in logs, by default
- You may select the number of changes which will be shown by default on the Recent Changes page, all page "history" tabs, and on some log pages at Special:Log. Links are provided for other options on those pages. The default is 50.
- Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist
- Skrýt malé editace v posledních změnách
- Hide patrolled edits from recent changes
- Use these options to filter out unwanted changes from the recent changes and related changes pages.
- Hide patrolled pages from new page list
- This option affects Special:NewPages on some wikis. When it is set, all patrolled pages are hidden by default. You can easily show or hide patrolled pages (highlighted in yellow) from the New Pages page.
The options on the Watchlist tab control what appears on your sledovací seznam (accessible by visiting the page Special:Watchlist, or clicking "My watchlist" in the top-right of the page).
- Days to show in watchlist
- The number of days' worth of changes to show in your watchlist. Maximum 7 days.
- Maximum number of changes to show in watchlist
- This controls how many recent changes to show for each watched article when "Expand watchlist" is switched on under "Advanced options". Maximum 1000 changes.
- Expand watchlist to show all changes, not just the most recent
- This option will expand the watchlist to include all changes made to an article within the time-frame of your watchlist, up to a maximum number (as set in "Display options"). Normally, only the most recent modification is shown.
- Hide minor edits from the watchlist
- Hide bot edits from the watchlist
- Hide my edits from the watchlist
- Hide edits by anonymous users from the watchlist
- Hide edits by logged in users from the watchlist
- Use these options to filter out unwanted revisions from the watchlist.
- Hide patrolled edits from the watchlist
- Use this option to filter out patrolled edits (edits made by administrators and so forth). This is particularly useful when monitoring vandalism, as patrolled edits can only be made by trusted users.
- Watchlist token
- If you want an RSS feed to be generated from your watchlist, you can input a secret token here. Anyone who knows this token can use it to access your watchlist. You don't actually need to store this value; when you subscribe to the RSS feed, the browser will store it for you. A randomly-generated token is provided under the field if you need inspiration.
- Add pages and files I edit to my watchlist
- Add pages and files I move to my watchlist
- Add pages I create and files I upload to my watchlist
This tab contains other options that don't belong anywhere else.
Diff je rozdíl mezi dvěma verzemi stránky.
- Do not show page content below diffs
- Normally, when viewing a diff, the page content as of the second revision is presented. You can turn off this display using this option, to allow for faster loading of diff pages.
- Don't show diff after performing a rollback
- jen správcům.