This article is a landing page for many of the games (especially open source variants) available in Gentoo's main ebuild repository.
This is a list of games highlights available in via Gentoo's package manager. Click on one of the following categories to see more:
- Games/action —
- Games/arcade —
- Games/emulation — provides an overview of emulators available in Gentoo.
- Games/engines —
- Games/fps —
- Games/misc —
- Games/puzzle —
- Games/roguelike —
- Games/RPG —
- Games/simulation —
- Games/sports —
- Games/strategy —
Adding a game to this list
Follow this template (more or less):
- Full name (should be a link to the homepage).
- Brief description (can include a very short form of story introduction).
- What type of game is this? similar games? (gameplay).
- What are the core features? (story? multiplayer?).
- Interesting facts (what engine?).
- Optional packages, tips to get it working, prerequisites (not ebuild deps).
- Screenshot if possible (mind the license).
- Link to the package definition.
- Video-link if possible (e.g. "let's play" on YouTube).
- Project:Games/Ebuild_howto — intended to give an overview of how to write good game ebuilds. (outdated)
- Steam — a digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation, which offers digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer gaming, video streaming and social networking services.
- Wine — an application that allows Windows software to run on Linux.