|Description||Gentoo/SPARC is a Gentoo project designed to bring the Gentoo GNU/Linux operating system to the SPARC and UltraSPARC platforms. Gentoo/SPARC aims to provide a usable server and desktop environment for your various SPARC related endeavors.|
|IRC channel||#gentoo-sparc (webchat)|
No lead election date set
(and inherited member(s))
- SPARC is big-endian
- SPARC can come in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors
- SPARC is notoriously strict on aligned access to memory; unaligned accesses often lead to SIGBUSes being sent. See bug #371525.
- Our current developer hardware is catbus (previously we had bender).
ARCH=sparc has best-effort stable keywords: both stage3s and the installcd use stable packages.
Please keep adding
sparc@ to the CC list for STABLEREQs if
sparc already has stable keywords for a package.
We are currently looking for users interested in helping the project with one or more jobs.
To learn more, visit the Staffing Needs page.
The Gentoo SPARC project has the following subprojects:
|Sparc AT||jmorgan||Architecture Testers for Gentoo/SPARC|
The following is a list of available documentation for Gentoo on the SPARC platform.
- Gentoo/SPARC handbook
- Gentoo/SPARC Architecture Tester Guide
- Gentoo/SPARC Frequently Asked Questions
- Multilib migration guide
- Gentoo/SPARC Linux based Netboot HOWTO
- OBP Reference
- Non-Sun hardware compatibility list
- Sun hardware compatibility list
If you have something that you think would make a good sparc subproject, please contact the sparc team via email. This list will be updated to reflect new projects as they arise.
Work in progress; contributors are sorted alphabetically, only most important contributions are listed for each contributor. Your name should probably be here, if it isn't, remind us by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org