From Gentoo Wiki
|Gentoo Emacs project|
|Description||The Gentoo Emacs project handles Emacs and Elisp related packages in the Gentoo package tree.|
Last elected: 2019/04/18
(and inherited member(s))
|Parent Project||Gentoo Lisp Project|
- The GNU Emacs developer guide summarizes what must be known when maintaining Emacs and its packages in Gentoo. Even maintainers of packages with optional Emacs support (by
USE="emacs") can learn something about the internal goings.
- A devmanual section contains hints how you can configure your Emacs as Gentoo developer.
- Xft support for GNU Emacs shows you how to enable and use anti-aliased fonts for Emacs.
- Documentation on XEmacs on Gentoo is available. It contains information for users to explain how Gentoo deals with some aspects of XEmacs, and information and support scripts for Gentoo developers.
Other Emacs implementations (typically in app-editors) and packages not related to either GNU Emacs or XEmacs are maintained in the (parent) Emacs project.
- Emacs-like editors in addition to GNU Emacs and XEmacs.
Resources offered by the Emacs project include:
- Test plans
- Test plans for Emacs packages that need testing when being keyworded or stabilized.
- Emacs overlay
- The Emacs overlay holds packages to be tested separately and provides a playground for both GNU Emacs and XEmacs.
- View the overlay with gitweb.
- Work lists
- Mainly intended for the Emacs maintainers themselves, of temporary nature: