From Gentoo Wiki
Jump to:navigation Jump to:search

Gentoo Trustees Monthly Meeting Agenda AGM

Time and Venue

2023/Aug/27 19:00 UTC on #gentoo-trustees


Roll Call

Who is logging the meeting?

Ulrich Müller (Ulm)

Old Business


  1. President's Letter: [1]
  2. Treasurer's Letter: Foundation:Gentoo_Foundation_Finances_FY2023
  3. Appointment of Officers & vacant seat


  1. Vote to accept 2023 President's letter: passed
  2. Vote to accept 2023 Treasurer letter: passed
  3. Officers, open trustee seat
    1. President: Robin Johnson (Robbat2)
    2. Treasurer: Robin Johnson (Robbat2)
    3. Secretary: Matthew Thode (Prometheanfire) (US citizen required for at least one role of President/Secretary, to file paperwork)
    4. Open seat: offered to Andreas K. Hüttel (Dilfridge) (pending employer approval)

Community Items

Infra update

Treasurer update


Open Bugs were NOT reviewed during the AGM.

  • Open Trustee Bugs
  • Please review all of the Trustee bugs prior to the meeting. Email the trustees if a bug needs to be addressed for this meeting and it will be added to the agenda.

Activity Tracker


  1. All up to date as of the close of the meeting
  2. Next upcoming:
    1. Tax Filing (due 2023/Nov/15)
    2. Annual Report Filing (due 2023/Nov/15)

Action Items

  1. Annual Report Filing (due 2023/Nov/15) Matthew Thode (Prometheanfire)
  2. Notify members being removed due to not voting Robin Johnson (Robbat2)

New Business

  1. Pruning membership post-election:
    1. Vote: 1 aye, 3 aye-unless-objected, 2 absent
  2. Meeting schedule: at least every 2 months, on IRC
    1. Vote: 5 aye, 1 absent
  3. Discussion of Carbon60 hardware/hosting

Approved Vendor Request

Funding Requests

Sponsorship Requests

Advertising Requests

Membership Applications

Gentoo Developers

Community Members


Any other business


  1. Who will post the log? Minutes? ( Ulrich Müller (Ulm) )
  2. Who will update the motions page? ( Robin Johnson (Robbat2) )
  3. Who will send emails? (... )
  4. Who will update agenda? ( Ulrich Müller (Ulm) )
  5. Who will update channel topic? (... )

Open Floor

Meeting Conduct

The channel will be open (not moderated) during the meeting unless there is so much chatter it becomes impossible to make progress.

Attendees can help by keeping questions to the end of an agenda item or the end of the meeting - your point may be covered during the discussion anyway.

Do not expect to bring up items in Any Other Business and get an instant response. Calm considered well reasoned emails to trustees or opening a bug are the best ways to bring up new ideas.

Gentoo Foundation


About The Foundation

Record Keeping

The meeting irc logs will be recorded.

The meeting motions will be logged.

Members List


Meeting Dates