I would like to form a group for the french translation! Are you interested? (cf : https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8030830.html). You can contact me by email, answer on your discussion page, or answer on mine.
You can join us on the #gentoo-wiki channel (IRC) to exchange ideas, ask questions, etc. In fact, I disagree with your translation of the term "handbook". Therefore, a common glossary should be created to avoid having different translations. I would have liked to create a common space for the translation activity. This space will improve the translation and the cooperation (share knowledge). Unfortunately, currently, I do not have much time available. I have already start a terminology page (& Vodinos ). The Russian translation team already has a common glossary (cf. the history). Temporarily, I suggest you learn how to use the wiki or improve your Wiki skills. If you want, you can also define and propose a structure for the common space. You can also expose your ideas for the Wiki on the main page.
- Hi Feng,
- Thank you for comments about my translations. Please forgive my incorrect term for "handbook", I fixed it by looking for the other user's translation. My translations were wrong because I didn't understand what handbook really means. I'll take a look at terminology page.
- Thank you for your comments, and please forgive my errors and/or my ignorance about how the Gentoo Wiki works.
I have already translated (recently) the main page of the handbook. I'm going to update this translation. The last translation has been "cleared" because the English article has been updated. It would be better to translate the handbook after establishing an organization. A list of articles to be translated in priority order and the associated verification tasks, should be defined. For example, the handbook is an important set of articles that should be reviewed by several people (I have defined the "Role" status in the following table to achieve this). Currently, the organization of the French translation is not clearly defined and established. You can get a list of pages marked for translation on the page Special:PageTranslation. It would be great if you propose, on this talk page, several pages to translate and effectively translate one of these pages, then, I hope I will have enough time to suggest improvements or make comments. --Feng (talk) 13:03, 8 April 2017 (UTC)
- I'll take a look at this page, but how to tell you what pages I chose ? There is not any button "Talk" or "Discuss" on this page. Should I write it on User talk:Leo page ?
- Please forgive my (maybe stupid) questions, it's the first time I help for a translation project.
- --Leo (talk) 17:00, 8 April 2017 (UTC)
- I believe the article named "Awesome" can be an exercice if you try to improve the previous translations so I think it is okay. Your translation of the "fontconfig" article needs to be reviewed by someone else. I also recommend that you keep the term "Use Flag" as it is (cf. this thread). --Feng (talk) 20:08, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
Gentoo Wiki Guidelines
Leo, you are allowed to create a page with content in the main namespace but you are not allowed to create an empty page. This type of "edition" should only occur in your userspace!!! Your contribution for the french translation is welcomed here: User:Feng/Gentoo Traduction! --Feng (talk) 18:01, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Feng,
- Please forgive me, I didn't realize I was doing something wrong. Did you successfully delete it ? What should I write on User:Feng/Gentoo Traduction ? Is a formatted way to write in it ? --Leo (talk) 17:18, 18 April 2017 (UTC)