From Gentoo Wiki
|Gentoo user since||2020/01/31|
This user is a native speaker of Russian.
This user is able to contribute with an intermediate level of English.
My name is Alexey Vazhnov, I'm Linux engineer since 2008 and Gentoo newbie (at 2020).
Here is my short bio in Russian: https://www.linux.org.ru/people/LeNiN/profile
- I was born in Uchaly city in 1983.
- In childhood, my hobby was DIY electronics, so occasionally I still solder something.
- I started programming Basic and Z80 assembler in high school (1998?), also I soldered my first sound card for ZX Spectrum Kvorum BK04 and some lighting equipment for a school disco.
- I tried to graduate university, but I gave up after 3 years.
- I used to write in Perl for some years later. In 2006-2007, I wrote an accounting software for a local cable television company, and then a web-site, which could generate TV programs into RTF files to print.
- Then in 2008 I tried FreeBSD (because of "Free" in name) and I fall in love in this OS! Also I relocated from Uchaly to Chelyabinsk and started to work in ISP as a Servers administrator. Later I installed Ubuntu first time and then switched to the Linux world.
- In 2015 I started to work with AWS clouds and created thousands Linux virtual machines since then. I like to write in Python, use Ansible and I trying to like Terraform and Jenkins.
- In 2018 I relocated to Saint Petersburg in hope to relocate in Europe later within new company.
- In 2020 I started to use Gentoo as OS for my home desktop.
- In July 2020 I relocated to Wrocław, Poland.
Below is a list of my drafts. Don't hesitate to edit them and/or move them to the main pagespace!
- https://vazhnov.gitlab.io/Cheat_sheet_Admin_public.html — my cheat sheet (GitLab project for your improvements);
For wiki editors
- User:Larry — user page example
- Category:Knowledge Base
- Category:Formatting templates
- Gentoo Wiki:Guidelines