|Gentoo user since
My name is Alexey Vazhnov, I'm Linux engineer since 2008 and Gentoo newbie (at 2020).
Here is my short bio in Russian: https://www.linux.org.ru/people/LeNiN/profile
- I was born in Uchaly city in 1983.
- In childhood, my hobby was DIY electronics, so occasionally I still solder something.
- I started programming Basic and Z80 assembler in high school (1998?), also I soldered my first sound card for ZX Spectrum Kvorum BK04 and some lighting equipment for a school disco.
- I tried to graduate university, but I gave up after 3 years.
- I used to write in Perl for some years later. In 2006-2007, I wrote an accounting software for a local cable television company, and then a web-site, which could generate TV programs into RTF files to print.
- Then in 2008 I tried FreeBSD (because of "Free" in name) and I fall in love in this OS! Also I relocated from Uchaly to Chelyabinsk and started to work in ISP as a Servers administrator. Later I installed Ubuntu first time and then switched to the Linux world.
- In 2015 I started to work with AWS clouds and created thousands Linux virtual machines since then. I like to write in Python, use Ansible and I trying to like Terraform and Jenkins.
- In 2018 I relocated to Saint Petersburg in hope to relocate in Europe later within new company.
- In 2020 I started to use Gentoo as OS for my home desktop.
- In July 2020 I relocated to Wrocław, Poland.
Below is a list of my drafts. Don't hesitate to edit them and/or move them to the main pagespace!
- https://vazhnov.gitlab.io/Cheat_sheet_Admin_public.html — my cheat sheet (GitLab project for your improvements);