UNetbootin (Universal Netboot Installer) is an easy to use LiveUSB flash key rescue disk generator.
emerge --ask unetbootin
Download your favorite ISO, select ISO mode in the program, point to the ISO image, point the program to your flash drive, hit OK.
Windows 7 live USB
Making windows 7 bootable usb install media requires several things to happen in a special order. This requires unetbootin 494 binaries from sourceforge. It is a good idea to also have official portage unetbootin installed to satisfy all of the binary dependencies.
- format your 8gb or larger media as NTFS.
- mount freshly formatted USB disk
- get unetbootin-linux-494 binary from source forge http://sourceforge.net/projects/unetbootin/files/UNetbootin/494/
- chmod +x unetbootin-linux-494
- as root run ./unetbootin-linux-494
- select disk image, then locate windows ISO. Select show all drives, then navigate to your USB devices NTFS partition.
- select OK, have a cup of hot coco as this will take some time. Exit rather than reboot. Unmount, and remove flash drive.