|Gentoo Sound project|
|Description||The sound team provides and maintains sound applications and drivers.|
No lead election date set
(and inherited member(s))
The Sound team strives to provide users with the best sound experience through providing sound applications and drivers including alsa, audacious, amarok and such.
Resources offered by the sound project include:
- Notes about ALSA framework's packages maintenance.
- mt-daapd maintainer's guide.
- The how and why of XMMS removal (by the User Relations project).
- How to enable realtime for multimedia applications.
- Decibel audio player mini-installation guide
Guidelines for sound herd
It's not uncommon that a package is part of sound herd but have a direct maintainer. To avoid misunderstanding, such packages are to be considered maintained by that developer, leaving the herd as a fallback for when the maintainer is away for too much time. Always try to get a hold of the direct maintainer before touching a package that has a direct maintainer.