|Description||The Artwork project manages Gentoo artwork and related assets. This includes wallpapers, logos, themes, icons sets.|
No lead election date set
(and inherited member(s))
The Gentoo Artwork project is responsible for creation and maintenance of all the artwork-related stuff within Gentoo.
The Artwork project welcomes contributions and participation. Methods of involvement could include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
- Create new vector-based artwork that relates to the Gentoo community.
- Create close-to-perfect vector-remakes of past work that mattered with no sources available (even after research).
Communicate, manage, and organize
Encourage artwork contributions from the community through:
- Organizing graphics contests (use, target, prices, realization, etc.).
- Coming up with other fresh approaches and their implementation.
Communicate with artists of existing artwork
- Encourage variations where it makes sense.
- Ensure availability of source files (Inkscape, Blender, textures, etc.).
- Ensure licensing is:
- Known and free for all parts.
- Compatible with the chosen composition.
- Ensure availability of proper resolutions:
- Big enough for modern displays (>=1920x1080 pixels).
- Coverage of aspect ratios (16:9 has been the mainstream computing standard since about 2008).
- Gentoo artwork - Logos and graphical building blocks.
- Gentoo color palette - Colors commonly used in Gentoo.
- Gentoo Branded Artwork - Button, wallpapers and the likes.
- Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines - Legal information.
- Gentoo Foundation artwork approval - Process for approving Gentoo artwork used by third parties.