From Gentoo Wiki
< LibvirtJump to:navigation Jump to:search
This article is a stub. Please help out by expanding it - how to get started.
This article covers libvirt and its creation of a virtual machine (VM) for use under the soft-emulation mode QEMU hypervisor Type-2, notably using virsh command.
The virsh command and its configuration toward the creation of an strict-emulation-mode virtual machine that an QEMU-capable operating system to be installed on.
List virtual machines (domains)
Id Name State ------------------------------------- 1 gentoo running
- Virtualization — the concept and technique that permits running software in an environment separate from a computer operating system.
- QEMU — a generic, open source hardware emulator and virtualization suite.
- QEMU/QEMU front-ends — user interface application to the QEMU/libvirt API/library.
- Libvirt — a virtualization management toolkit.
- Libvirt/QEMU_networking — details the setup of Gentoo networking by Libvirt for use by guest containers and QEMU-based virtual machines.
- Virt-manager — desktop user interface for management of virtual machines and containers through the libvirt library
- Virt-manager/QEMU_guest — QEMU creation of a guest (VM or container)
- QEMU/Linux guest — describes the setup of a Gentoo Linux guest in QEMU using Gentoo bootable media.