Foundation:Meetings/2018/03

From Gentoo Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Gentoo Trustees Monthly Meeting Agenda

Time and Venue

Saturday, March 17 2018 22:00 UTC on irc.freenode.net #gentoo-trustees

Agenda

Roll Call

Who is logging the meeting?

David Abbott (dabbott) ?

Old Business

Trustees

  1. Activity Tracker (next in June 2018)
  2. Foundation Mailing Address changing tracking bug #613950 (waiting on IRS)

dabbott

alicef

  1. Add Foundation:Consultants reference to https://www.gentoo.org/support
  2. (non-corporate) donors / "friends" page
  3. Do we need date of birth in developer apps (how'd the email go)?
    1. Alternative ways of attaining rights/licences.
      1. FLA: https://fsfe.org/activities/ftf/fla.en.html
        1. Docs/discussion: https://script-ed.org/archive/volume-10/issue-102-140-306/
        2. Make our own licence (based off of FLA): http://contributoragreements.org/
        3. Why?
          1. Better legal footing, better than winging it
          2. (opinion) closer to what we are looking for, (just enough to let us do our job)
      2. https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/glep-copyrightpolicy.html
        1. https://github.com/ulm/copyrightpolicy

kensington

prometheanfire

  1. openssl ecc patents https://bugs.gentoo.org/531540
    1. patched 1.1 (done), (try to backport for 1.0 OR work on getting 1.1 stable)

Infra update

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto (jmbsvicetto)

Treasurer update

  1. IRS Status Report (treasurer Robin Johnson (robbat2) )

Bugs

  • Open Trustee Bugs
  • Please review all of the Trustee bugs prior to the meeting. Email the trustees if a bug needs to be addressed for this meeting and it will be added to the agenda.

New Business

Approved Vendor Request

Funding Requests

Sponsorship Requests

Advertising Requests

Membership Applications

Gentoo Developers

Community Members

Daniel Robbins (drobbins)

Cleanup

  • Date of Next Meeting - Saturday, April 21 2018 22:00 UTC

Any other business

Responsibilities

  1. Who will post the log? Minutes? ( David Abbott (dabbott) )
  2. Who will update the motions page? (aliceinwire )
  3. Who will send emails? ( David Abbott (dabbott) )
  4. Who will update agenda? ( Matthew Thode (prometheanfire) )
  5. Who will update channel topic? ( Matthew Thode (prometheanfire) )

Open Floor

Meeting Conduct

The channel will be open (not moderated) during the meeting unless there is so much chatter it becomes impossible to make progress.

Attendees can help by keeping questions to the end of an agenda item or the end of the meeting - your point may be covered during the discussion anyway.

Do not expect to bring up items in Any Other Business and get an instant response. Calm considered well reasoned emails to trustees or opening a bug are the best ways to bring up new ideas.

Gentoo Foundation

Gentoo Foundation Main Page

About The Foundation

Record Keeping

The meeting irc logs will be recorded.

The meeting motions will be logged.

Members List

Current Member List

Meeting Dates

Month Day Year
Apr 21 2018
May 19 2018
Jun 16 2018
Jul 21 2018
Aug 18 2018
Sep 15 2018
Oct 20 2018
Nov 17 2018
Dec 15 2018