From Gentoo Wiki
- Mounting partitions in the Security Handbook
- Fstab — a configuration file that is used to configure how and where the main filesystems are to be mounted, especially at boot time.
- Removable media — consists of any media that is easily removed from a system
- AutoFS — a program that uses the Linux kernel automounter to automatically mount filesystems on demand.
- Udevil — a small auto-mount utility created to be a "a hassle-free replacement for udisks."
- CurlFtpFS — allows for mounting an FTP folder as a regular directory to the local directory tree
- USB/Guide - Mounting a USB Mass Storage device
- UUIDs and labels