|Description||Openstack is a virtualization orchestration suite that allows the creation and management of cloud infrastructures.|
Last elected: 2015/09/20
(and inherited members)
|Parent Project||Gentoo Virtualization Project|
Openstack is a virtualization orchestration suite that allows the creation and management of cloud infrastructures. Openstack provides applications that simplify IaaS (Nova, Horizon, Ceilometer, etc.) deployments and management. It also provides secondary services such as dynamic block storage (Cinder), dynamic databasing (Red Dwarf), etc.
Openstack manages several hypervisors including but not limited to the following (for a full listing see upstream):
- Raise Gentoo to a first class citizen for hosting Openstack.
- Maintain security releases for Openstack.
- Maintain major releases in portage (including live builds).
- Provide a usable turn-key continuous deployment strategy for Openstack.
- Provide communication media (i.e. IRC, mailing list, mail alias, etc.)
- Stage4 tarballs can be found at http://gentoo.osuosl.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/ (signed by infra)
* Can be converted to qcow2 using diskimage-builder or via this script
- Images can currently be found at http://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/amd64/openstack/ (signed by prometheanfire)
* Image issues can be reported to github
- An 'all in one' host can be set up with the following network setup AIO network diagram
- liberty package.mask and package.keywords entries package.mask package.keywords