Roll call (5 minutes)
kde4-*eclass GCC minimum version (10 minutes)
- Please discuss and vote on raising gcc minimum version to 4.7
- bug #462550 - [4.6/ICE] sys-devel/gcc-4.6.3 Segmentation fault (program cc1plus) compiling kde-base/rocs-4.10.1 on ppc64
- bug #471770 - =kde-misc/homerun-1.0.0 - fails to build with <gcc-4.7
- bug #508324 - kde-base/kig-4.13.0 fails to build with <sys-devel/gcc-4.7
KDE SC 4.13.3 stabilization (15 minutes)
- bug #517344 - KDE SC 4.13.3 + KDE Workspace 4.11.11 stabilization
- semantic-desktop refactoring (old semantic stack -> nepomuk use flag, new semantic stack -> semantic-desktop use flag): Are we happy with it? Do we need an news item?
- Baloo alternate KCM: Now that upstream provides an option to disable indexing in their KCM, do we still want to hack the alternate KCM into the baloo ebuild?
- Please discuss and vote to stabilize KDE SC 4.13.3
KDM (5 minutes)
jmbsvicetto suggested to rethink kde-base/kdm as a dependency in kde-base/kdebase-meta:4, as kdm will not exist after KDE 4 and users might have already migrated to something else. Do we want to add IUSE="+display-manager" with RDEPEND="display-manager? ( || ( x11-misc/lightdm-kde x11-misc/sddm kde-base/kdm ))"? If so, which order?
- Please discuss and vote to make kdm optional (and if yes on the proposed solution/order)
Phonon backend (5 minutes)
- Please discuss and vote on switching to vlc as default backend
Categories (10 minutes)
kde-frameworks has already been approved on gentoo-dev. Plasma 5 is currently 23 packages, should it go in its own category (kde-workspaces?)? If so, we would likely need a new category for applications (kde-apps?) and eventually remove kde-base (and kde-misc?).
Moving to tree (10 minutes)
Qt 5 will be in the tree soon (masked). Are we happy to move KF5 / Plasma 5 after that's done?
Bugs (15 minutes)
- General bug tracker for the meeting is bug #460994
- bug #516162 - libappindicator and sni-qt are needed for legacy applications to appear in the systray. Should this be added as a dependency (where?) or just documented. Pull packages in via Plasma 5 subprofile? (useful for other stuff too)