From Gentoo Wiki
Roll call (5 minutes)
Project lead (5 minutes)
- Johu is missing in action. Anyone else volunteering?
KDE 4.10.1 stabilization (10 minutes)
- yes, no, maybe?
Remove -Wl,--fatal-warnings ??? (5 minutes)
- right now, all linker warnings are treated as errors in all kde apps (except for arm where we patch that out)
- should we patch that out globally?
[semantic-desktop=] (5 minutes)
- Tom says this bug should be long fixed, and we could return to [semantic-desktop?] in kde-base
Remove obsolete news entries (5 minutes)
GLEP 42 provides for removing news entries that are no longer relevant or after a long period of time.
Bugs (10 minutes)
- General bug tracker for the meeting is bug #460994
- Rename x11-themes/oxygen-gtk to x11-themes/oxygen-gtk2. Import x11-themes/oxygen-gtk3 from the overlay or we keep x11-themes/oxygen-gtk with 2 slot and rename x11-themes/oxygen-gtk3 to x11-themes/oxygen-gtk.
- kde-base/kde-meta ebuild improvement proposal (bug #456248, bug #460634)
- USE flags have typically been rejected for meta packages because "if you don't want all kde packages, you shouldn't use kde-meta".
- A number of existing kde meta packages already have meta flags in-tree
- There is little maintenance burden, and is a common user request
- Add 'app-arch/unzip natspec' to profiles/targets/desktop/kde/package.use (bug #457934)
- The underlying problem appears to be how Qt handles broken encodings
- While the 'correct' solution is to not have broken encodings and/or to fix Qt, enabling this USE flag by default would improve the solution a lot for affected users and only introduces one small dependency