From Gentoo Wiki
< Project:Installer | OldJump to:navigation Jump to:search
A road map to the 1.0 release of the Gentoo Linux Installer.
This is a roadmap to the 1.0 release of the Gentoo Linux Installer which will occasionally be updated to reflect the current issues and future milestones for the project. For a more detailed roadmap, see the TODO list.
Alpha release (complete)
- Alpha version complete with a functional x86 installer with two front ends (dialog and GTK).
- Await the release of the 2005.1 experimental LiveCD with X.
- Add /etc/portage/* support.
- Allow users to create a custom kernel config during an install.
- Add distcc support.
- Integrate localization capabilities.
- Complete support for non-x86 architectures.
- Support for SELinux.
- Partitioning rewrite to use size in MB instead of start and end sectors.
This page is based on a document formerly found on our main website gentoo.org.
The following people contributed to the original document: Nathaniel P. McCallum (author), Preston Cody (author), Blackace (editor) on August 14, 2005
They are listed here because wiki history does not allow for any external attribution. If you edit the wiki article, please do not add yourself here; your contributions are recorded on each article's associated history page.