From Gentoo Wiki
Sponsoring Gentoo (via Infrastructure)
This is a draft document still.
- Full-package hosted physical boxes
- Eg #1: "Root Servers" like those offered by Hetzner
- Eg #2: You have unused/older servers in your own racks, and can give us full remote access to them
- The sponsor continues to own and manage the hardware, Gentoo manages the full OS (and IPMI), we just ask for notice to migrate services.
- Colocation/Physical Hosting
- Eg: You give us a space, we find hardware
- We presently have hosting space at OSUOSL in Oregon
Non-US capacity needed!
- Eg: Ship good-enough servers to a Gentoo hosting location
- US-only presently
- We'll use it to buy/pay for colocation & servers
- TODO: reference updated cash sponsors policy: https://gentoo-handbook.lugons.org/foundation/en/cash-sponsors-policy.xml
- VM hosting
- We're moving to use more cloud services, where possible, but we most our services are monolithic.
Process & Practices