|Title||Trustee 2016 Election|
|Election Officials||Kensington, Robbat2, Jmbsvicetto|
|Voting eligibility cutoff||2016/06/19|
|Nomination period||2016/06/21 0000h UTC — 2016/07/19 0000h UTC|
|Voting period||2016/07/21 0000h UTC — 2016/08/18 0000h UTC|
We're pleased to present you the elected Gentoo Trustees members for the 2016/2018 term:
* David Abbott (dabbott) * Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
The complete Board of Trustees for the 2016/2017 term is:
* Alec Warner (antarus) * David Abbott (dabbott) * Matthew Thode (prometheanfire) * Robin Johnson (robbat2) * Sven Vermeulen (SwifT)
We published the master ballot file. This file contains all submitted ballots. Each of this ballots can be identified using a confirmation ID. Every person who voted in this election was mailed their ID by one of election officials. If you haven't received your ID, please contact one of election officials to provide you with that information. Using this ID and master ballot file people who voted can verify that their votes were included during counting votes.
We also published the full countify script output so you can check how the whole vote counting was done.
Gentoo Trustees 201606 full ranked list of candidates
* David Abbott (dabbott) * Matthew Thode (prometheanfire) * Jonathan Callen (jcallen) * Xavier Miller (xaviermiller)
In this election, the following were the total of eligible voters that have voted:
- Total voters: 97
- Submitted ballots: 35
- Current turnout: 36.082%
Nominations must be made by posting to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Foundation members may be nominated.
Only Foundation members may vote - check the list of members .
Trustees serve a two year term and retire by rotation every year. This year, David Abbott (dabbott) and Roy Bamford (NeddySeagoon) retire by rotation.
The purpose of this election is thus to choose two members for the Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees. More information about their roles and duties can be found in Gentoo Foundation Charter. Archives of the gentoo-nfp mailing list contain most recent information about progress of this election. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the election officials.
Legend: accepted (green), reply pending (grey), declined (red)
If you think you see a mistake in this table, please contact the election officials.
All nominations must be sent to the gentoo-nfp mailing list. If you were nominated and want to run, you have to accept your nomination on the same mailing list.
- Gentoo Board of Trustees is composed of five elected members.
- Elections happen every year and need to be completed before the AGM in August.
- There should be at least three election officials plus at least one person assigned from Gentoo Infrastructure project to handle their side of the election. Officials are allowed to vote in the election but they aren't allowed to run in it. They are selected by the current Board of Trustees.
- There's one month for nominations and one month for voting. In special cases current Board of Trustees may decide to shorten that period. Anyone can nominate.
- All Gentoo Foundation members may vote but only members of age above 18 are allowed to run (legal requirement). To run in the election, a person has to be nominated on the gentoo-nfp mailing list and personally accept that nomination on the same list.
- Members who are active Gentoo developers vote using votify script on dev.gentoo.org.
- Members who aren't active Gentoo developers should mail their GPG-signed ballot files to election officials who will verify authenticity of those and pass them to infra so they are taken into account while counting votes. Special care should be taken to ensure the ballot is signed by the GPG key in the Foundation records.
- After voting period is over, all election officials verify results provided by Infrastructure project member assigned to the election and then post them to the gentoo-nfp mailing list.
Information for Voters
Those who are eligible to vote in this election are all current Gentoo Foundation members.
How do I cast my vote for this election?
After polls are open, Eligible current Gentoo developers should login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands, in the order specified.
- votify --new trustees-201606 — This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
- Edit the .ballot-trustees-201606 file and rank the candidates.
- Once you're sure, run votify --verify trustees-201606 to check the validity of the ballot.
- If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your vote using votify --submit trustees-201606
- In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on Freenode IRC. If you think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
- Grab a coffee or a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show...until the results are announced.
The remaining Foundation members, should email their ballot to the election officials, to email@example.com signing the mail with their GPG key on record with the Gentoo Foundation.