From Gentoo Wiki
|Description||The Gentoo Catalyst Project develops and supports the Catalyst release building tool.|
|Mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (archive)|
|IRC channel||#gentoo-releng (webchat)|
No lead election date set
(and inherited member(s))
|Parent Project||Release Engineering|
The Catalyst project develops and supports the Catalyst release building tool.
The goal of the Catalyst project is to provide a single multi-faceted tool that can reliably build all aspects of a Gentoo Linux release: stage tarballs, and install CDs. The Catalyst tool is intended to be used by those who wish to create their own customized versions of Gentoo Linux, or their own customized LiveCDs.
Specific development goals for Catalyst include:
- Providing high-quality builds of Gentoo Linux.
- Powerful yet easy to use, customize, extend, and maintain.
- Maintainable, top-notch source code.
The sources for catalyst are available on our gitweb site.
An ebuild is available in main ebuild repository:
emerge --ask dev-util/catalyst
This email list is for general discussion, help and for submitting patches to the code base for review before inclusion into any of its primary branches.
- Catalyst FAQ - Attempts to answer commonly asked questions related to Catalyst and its usage.
- Catalyst — Gentoo's release building tool.