Google Summer of Code/2016/Ideas/Stage4 Console Configurator
From Gentoo Wiki
This should be a console configuration and build tool for customizing a given stage3 tarball with user-selected packages and USE flags, and rebuilding into a deployable stage4 rootfs.
- Similar to "make menuconfig" for the kernel or buildroot
- Input fields for packages, USE flags, bootloader, and kernel sources
- use dependency resolution to verify selection, update make.conf
- bootloader/kernel options should include "none"
- Select input stage3 and output/logging destination, save/load configuration
- Automated download, chroot, build, archive results
- Support current autobuilds, experimental, hardened on all current arches
- Use ncurses/slang/other, include internationalization support