User:StefanLangenmaier/Poor man's Cluster
From Gentoo WikiJump to:navigation Jump to:search
This will document the setup of a Poor man's cluster. The focus will be on availability, security, (low-cost,) but not necessarily speed. It should be possible to follow the setup with different hardware as the point is not on the hardware but how to make the software work together in a reliable and easy (fool-proof) way over long distances (WAN).
- The cluster will be able to provide backups/files over long distances.
- The cluster will be able to provide a web service/app (owncloud) in a redundant way.
The prerequisites consist of
- 2x Cubox-i (Solidrun, 80-170$)
- 2x Micro SD-Card
- 2x external USB-Harddisk
- 2x network cables
- 1x computer with a recent linux installed
- 1x mini usb (optional)
- 1x domain name (optional)