From Gentoo Wiki
Welcome to my user space page! Space is the best place to make toast. Here I'll try and tell you what I'm all about.
I am a Toast from Space. I tend to learn rather quickly, and like proper, full explanations for things (which I try to write when I can't find any). I tend to tinker a lot, so many under-used under-documented projects / processes potentially / eventually benefit from this.
What I Do
I do a lot of weird stuff, and you can check my github account here. Here are a couple of my currently ongoing stuff that aren't completely irrelevant.
- Working on a new wiki page for Runit and related software, check the discussion page! (note: abandoned for a variety of reasons)
- My zsh framework (see github).
- Contributing to various projects whenever I run into something I actually use that has a minor detail that irritates me (contribution being a fix to the irritant, of course).
I work in a telecommunications company. My responsibilities currently are:
- Managing the entire multinational company's infrastructure.
- Architecting scalable Multi-DC solutions (generally using ansible).
- Analyzing software bottlenecks and writing reports on how/where they occur and how they may be fixed.
- Fixing things others can't seem to figure out
In short I'm a magical fairy that gets given tasks no one can figure out only to ignore the resulting output later.
On The Wiki
Elsewhere in Gentoo
- Occasional trips to the forums
- Sitting around in #gentoo-chat and helping out when I notice someone's having a problem
- Bug reports (and sometimes patches) for stuff I happened to break while experimenting with