005A A203 7757 814D 8864 8BBF 1BC2 BCCA 645C ABA3
I'm 19 and, I like the ideas of solarpunk and permacomputing (did you know that you can host plants on a RPi?). In the future, I may start an open-source and humor-oriented peertube channel (when at least one of all the linux-available video editors will stop stegfaulting for me). I know some Rust and I may make some tools in the future related to Gentoo with it. Some ideas:
- Rewrite Genkernel, but with additional features like an ON/OFF switch for support for AMD/Intel CPUs etc..
- yes, I know, Genkernel does similar things, but not on the scale that I would like to eventually achieve
- actually, I don't know what REALLY genkernel is doing, the source code is in bash, seems complicated, and I don't know bash very well
- maybe one day when I'll have more experience with the development of the Linux kernel
- and actually I started the development of it (like, really only started) and I'm not sure of its codebase architecture yet
- "What could I maintain" - would print every package that IS_INSTALLED && (IS_ORPHANED || IS_OUTDATED) and similar
- At first I tried to write it in python, but it took my whole RAM (10GB) while parsing All bugs with status CONFIRMED
- Test environment, as in Test environment
- Would probably be a simple wrapper around chroot(1) (or chroot(2) maybe?)
- Maybe could support other distros
- Easy to install, easy to use CLI, small number of dependencies
If you're still here, you can tell me on IRC/email which idea you find most interesting and I might work towards it (some motivation wouldn't hurt). Oh, and by the way, we could play some Minetest together!
- I've made a simple Gentoo wallpaper in the past: link. There could be more and fancier, but for some reason Blender decided to stop supporting "old" amd gpus after 2.93 :(