Feel free to modify or move this page
ghc is a haskell compiler that cannot be build without a ghc binary. Since September 2022 there is ghc-bin, see Bug 622786 - dev-lang/ghc: arm64 binary request. As of 2021-12-08 there was no binary for arm64 in neither the gentoo nor the haskell repo. If you have an amd64 you can cross compile ghc. You can try a binary from somewhere else.
- pandoc needs ghc
Installing didn't work
- wget https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.8.2/ghc-8.8.2-aarch64-deb9-linux.tar.xz
- su "make install" leads to
- utils/ghc-cabal/dist-install/build/tmp/ghc-cabal: error while loading shared libraries: libnuma.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [ghc.mk:992: install_packages] Error 127 make: *** [Makefile:51: install] Error 2
the unclean way: edit the ebuild
- edit the ebuild
- ebuild EBUILD_name manifest
- then build it once and hopefully native builds will just work, so you can then re-build with uneditted ebuild
- ebuild ghc-8.10.6.ebuild manifest
using debian version
- emerge -va sys-process/numactl # since libnuma.so* was missing during make install
- emerge -va sys-libs/ncurses-compat # libtinfo.so.5 was missing
- make install # default target /usr/local/
- ghc --help #works, from debian in /usr/local, but warns:
/usr/local/lib/ghc-9.0.1/bin/ghc: /usr/lib64/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by /usr/local/lib/ghc-9.0.1/bin/../haskeline-0.8.1.0/libHShaskeline-0.8.1.0-ghc9.0.1.so) /usr/local/lib/ghc-9.0.1/bin/ghc: /usr/lib64/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by /usr/local/lib/ghc-9.0.1/bin/../ghc-9.0.1/libHSghc-9.0.1-ghc9.0.1.so) /usr/local/lib/ghc-9.0.1/bin/ghc: /usr/lib64/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by /usr/local/lib/ghc-9.0.1/bin/../terminfo-0.4.1.4/libHSterminfo-0.4.1.4-ghc9.0.1.so)
- USE="-binary +ghcbootstrap"
- emerge -va =dev-lang/ghc-9.0.1-r1
You are using an unsupported version of LLVM!
Currently only 9 is supported. System LLVM version: 13.0.0
We will try though...