I'm a grey-haired old fart who plays with computers. Before I retired, IBM paid me to do the same, while giving me the grey hair for free.
I created my first program using an 029 card punch to create input in Fortran IV for an IBM 1130 computer. I still have an object deck for my PL/I(F) program to print a calendar (millenium-bug free, of course). That dates me.
- Jaguar car enthusiast
- Owner of several Raspberry Pi's
- ...and Gentoo Linux, also Arch.
I don't work on any projects, just lurk on the forums.
- Home built floor-stander bought 2020, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 16 GB, 512GB NVMe & 5 disk RAID10 array;
- Acer Aspire 3201 desktop bought about 2006, 4-way AMD Phenom, now with 6GB memory and 4 disk RAID5 array;
- HP 15" laptop bought 2018, AMD a9-9420, 4GB memory 480GB SSD (was 1TB disk);
- Raspberry Pi B3 running Arch linux as network print and scan, radicale CardDAV/CalDEV, ntp, SMTP mail hub, dnsmasq DNS/DHCP server and "cloud" backup server; and
- Raspberry Pi 4 running Arch linux (to be replaced with Gentoo when I've the time) running Hercules emulating an IBM 4381 running VM/370 Rel 6.
Possibly useful stuff
© 2001–2020 Gentoo Foundation, Inc. Gentoo is a trademark of the Gentoo Foundation, Inc. The contents of this document, unless otherwise expressly stated, are licensed under the CC-BY-SA-3.0 license. The Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines apply.