From Gentoo WikiJump to:navigation Jump to:search
short summary of tests done at zfs bump (INCOMPLETE WIP)
- build-test both zfs and zfs-kmod on any supported kernel on different arches, most important is amd64 ofc.
- build-test zfs-kmod in builtin mode (being embedded into linux source)
- boot-test systemd system with dracut
- boot-test openrc system with dracut
- runtime-tests: test zfs scrub on booted system, test zfs-send, preferably to slight older zfs, but within same branch.
- compare list of installed files in sys-fs/zfs (qlist -e sys-fs/zfs before and after)
- skim thru files in /etc and /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90zfs, compare contents for breaking changes.
- Look for changelog upstream.
- Update ZFS_KERNEL_COMPAT string in ebuild to match upstream release META file. Sometimes upstream updates release notes but skips updating META file, using release notes version is fine.
- sync live ebuild if changes made. ZFS_KERNEL_COMPAT is not checked in live ebuild, but sometimes it's set higher than release versions, so ^ adjust in release ebuild as required.
- Verify subslot of sys-fs/zfs. currently we are tracking libzfs only. e.g. libzfs.so.4.0.0 will become SLOT="0/4"
- Don't forget to close or update any affected bugs on gentoo bugzilla.