Translations:Bugzilla/Bug report guide/7/en
From Gentoo Wiki
- Stay on topic - A bug ticket is used for technical reports and chitchat should be avoided. Keep them in the support channels (forums, IRC or mailing lists).
- Confirm the existence of a problem only once. - It does not help solving the problem, if you and another person report it twice. But if your and the confirmer's systems differ in an obvious way and that would be helpful to know, add this information.
- Open one bug ticket per topic - Usually this means not more than one package and one bug per ticket. If your problem is not discussed on a bug, search for one related to your issue or create a new report. Do not hijack bugs.
- No talk on TRACKER bugs. - Those bugs are meta bugs. If you want to add useful information, add them to a related sub bug or create a new bug.
- Optional: Gentoo consultants provide also commercial support for bugs and ebuilds.
- Attach the logs to the bug ticket if the ticket is about problems during runtime or installation.