From Gentoo Wiki
(Redirected from Talk:Games/fps)Jump to:navigation Jump to:search
no ebuilds to satisfy "games-fps/quake3"
This discussion is done as of July 27, 2020.
I tried it today:
emerge --ask games-fps/quake3
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
Calculating dependencies... done!
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "games-fps/quake3".
emerge: searching for similar names...emerge: Maybe you meant any of these: games-fps/quake15, games-fps/ezquake, games-fps/eduke32?
emerge --ask games-fps/warsow
[...]emerge: Maybe you meant any of these: games-fps/rott, games-fps/avp, games-fps/wolfgl?
I don't know any of these games or packages, I can't tell more.
Akar (talk) 19:40, 26 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Akar , it looks to be like quake3 package has been removed from the Gentoo ebuild repository. See this link: https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/search?q=quake
- And this link: https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/search?q=warsow
- It would seem these mentions can be removed from the page, unless they are available in a community ebuild repository. I did a quick search and saw that quake3 could be found elsewhere, but warsaw could not. Best regards, --Maffblaster (talk) 16:39, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Matthew Marchese (Maffblaster) . Thanks for the info, and for updating the content of the page!
- Regards. Akar (talk) 20:16, 28 July 2020 (UTC)