News feed (or web feed) is a computer-readable data format for content updates. The most common feeds are RSS and Atom (RFC 4287).
Feed readers reside within the net-news category. To list them, run:
eix -cC net-news
Web browser support
Pale Moon has native support for feed autodiscovery and listing. Other browsers need a third-party extension for that functionality.
Selfhosted news aggregation applications give such benefits as easy synchronization between devices or email notifications.
- News application installed with the
- Planet Gentoo is a service run by Gentoo, which aggregates articles written by contributing developers.
- Newsboat — an RSS/Atom feed reader for the text console. It is an actively maintained fork of Newsbeuter.
- Usenet — a federated and decentralized worldwide Internet forum and the world's oldest digital social network
- RSS-Bridge — The RSS feed for websites missing it.