|Gentoo VDR project|
|Description||The Gentoo VDR Project maintains and updates the VDR packages in the portage tree. It integrates them with Gentoo as tight as possible. VDR is the abbreviation for Video Disk Recorder.|
|Lead(s)|| none |
No lead election date set
(and inherited members)
|Parent Project||Gentoo Video project|
The Gentoo VDR Project maintains and updates the VDR packages in the Portage tree. It integrates them with Gentoo as tight as possible. VDR is the abbreviation for Video Disk Recorder.
Resources offered by the VDR project are:
- Gentoo VDR Guide
- gentoo-vdr mailing list
- Gentoo-VDR GIT repository
- Gentoo VDR Project Overlay (???)
- How to use the VDR overlays
Things provided by the Gentoo VDR Project
The VDR-Project provides things inside the Portage tree:
- media-video/vdr provides the basic VDR-binary.
- Complete patchsets contained in media-video/vdr to allow every combination of the possible USE flags.
- media-tv/gentoo-vdr-scripts provides the complete init-script logic.
- vdr-plugin-2.eclass to support the plugin-ebuilds with common tasks.
- A large number of plugins under
media-plugins/vdr-*(around 130 at the moment).
Want to help?
If you want to help us with improving Gentoo's VDR experience, we would like to hear from you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also join us in #gentoo-vdr on irc.freenode.org. You need not be a developer to be able to help us.
We need help in these ranges:
- Ebuild maintainance
- Creating new concepts/visions, which make VDR on Gentoo more round.
- Adding new Ebuilds.
This article is based on a document formerly found on our main website gentoo.org.
The following people contributed to the original document: Matthias Schwarzott and Dimitry Bradt
They are listed here as the Wiki history does not allow for any external attribution. If you edit the Wiki article, please do not add yourself here; your contributions are recorded on the history page.