From Gentoo WikiJump to:navigation Jump to:search
- Review blockers of the LTO tracker (bug #618550) and fix appropriately
- Review list of failures from the gentooLTO overlay and fix appropriately
- Formulate a policy on USE=lto
- Likely will mean "workarounds are needed in build system" and not "upstream support LTO for this package"
- How can we express the latter though? Many of us would be happy using LTO where we know upstream support it
- See https://marc.info/?l=gentoo-project&m=161957141921902&w=2
Signs a package is unsafe
- Test failures with LTO but passes without
- Failure to build with e.g. multiple LTO partitions
- Debian plans to default to LTO either for bookworm or bookworm+1.
- Fedora has defaulted to LTO since Fedora 33 (2021)
- openSUSE defaulted to LTO in 2019