Those who are eligible to vote in this election are all current Gentoo Foundation members.
How do I cast my vote for this election?
After polls are open, Eligible current Gentoo developers should login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands, in the order specified.
- votify --new — This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
- Edit the .ballot- file and rank the candidates.
- Once you're sure, run votify --verify to check the validity of the ballot.
- If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your vote using votify --submit
- In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
- Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show..till we announce the results ;)
The remaining Foundation members, should email their ballot to the election officials, to firstname.lastname@example.org signing the mail with their gpg key.