From Gentoo Wiki
All nominations must be sent to the gentoo-project mailing list. If you were nominated and want to run, you have to accept your nomination on the same mailing list.
- Council elections generally happen once a year.
- The council is composed of seven elected members.
- Nominations are allowed from 00H00 UTC to 00H00 UTC.
- Only Gentoo developers may be nominated.
- Anyone can nominate (nominating yourself is OK).
- Nominees must accept their nomination before voting begins.
- Voting is opened from 00H00 UTC to 00H00 UTC.
- Only Gentoo developers may vote.
- The list of Gentoo Developers is based on active membership by (the day before the election will be opened).
- Gentoo uses the Condorcet method of voting.
- Results should be published the day after voting closes.